These Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Grilled Corn make the perfect easy and healthy meal. There is so much flavor, but this meal is light and perfect for summer. This recipe comes together quickly and is WW friendly. The family is going to love this dish!
A lot of people think that you lose flavor when you are eating healthy. But there are so many ways to boost the flavor without adding a ton of calories! Grilling is a fantastic way to add both flavor and texture to your meal. These grilled shrimp skewers and grilled corn cook so fast. Add a few other flavor enhancing ingredients and you have a delicious meal that fits into your healthy lifestyle.
I served the grilled shrimp skewers and veggies over rice, but you could use cauliflower rice to lower the carbs and points if you prefer. You could also serve in a warm tortilla for a delicious taco! I like the carb balance tortillas for a healthier option. Siete has wonderful grain-free tortillas too.
Make these Grilled Shrimp Skewers & Veggies WW Friendly:
- This recipe is already very WW friendly (these SmartPoints are based on Blue Plan). As is, it is 6 SmartPoints. To lower those points, remove the avocado and it is only 3.
- The SmartPoints include 1/2 cup of rice in the bottom of the bowl. You could always swap out for cauliflower rice to make this super low in points!
Do You Have to Have a Grill?
Nope! You can still get good char and flavor by using a cast iron skillet on the stove top! Those instructions are included in the note section of the recipe card.
I use a gas grill for this recipe, but you can use a charcoal grill as well.
You Might Also Like:
- Spiced Chicken Breasts with Mango Salsa
- Sweet Pepper Nachos with Cilantro Lime Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Whole30 Fish Taco Bowls
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- One-Pan Chicken Fajita Skillet
- Healthy Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Grilled Corn
- 16 oz Raw Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 4 Corn on the Cob husks removed
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 pint Grape or Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 2 Limes
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place on the skewersMix the spices together in a small bowl (salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder and cumin) Coat the shrimp with the spice mixture on both sides Spary with avocado oil on both sides
- Place the shrimp skewers on the grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side and remove from grill
- Turn the grill heat to high and place the corn (no husks) directly on the grillRotate often to get good char on all sides (should take 8-10 minutes total) and remove from grill Once it cools enough to handle, use a sharp knife to slice off the kernals
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked rice in the bottom of your bowl and add shrimp, corn and remaining toppings Squeeze lime over the top and add some finishing salt and enjoy!
- Preheat skillet over medium heat on the stovetop
- Prepare the shrimp according to the instructions above but leave off of the skewers
- Cook in the skillet for 2-3 minutes per side and remove from pan
- Spray skillet with avocado oil spray and turn to medium/high heat
- Slice the corn kernels off of the cob and cook add to the cast iron skillet. Stir frequently until it has some nice color to it (about 5-8 minutes) and remove from pan
- Assemble bowls per above instructions