This Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice is so easy to make and comes together in less than 30 minutes! You get perfect fluffy rice every time that is packed with the flavors you love.
I had never used my Instant Pot to make rice before I made this recipe. And this cilantro lime rice came out absolutely perfect the first time I tried it! Now I am forever hooked. It is super easy to do and you don’t have to babysit the rice on the stovetop.
I don’t actually use the rice button on the Instant Pot because it doesn’t know what type of rice you are using, so I stick to the manual button to keep it more accurate.
For this recipe, I use basmati rice. It is my personal favorite white rice. I love the texture and flavor that it has. I have not tested with other types of rice, so stick to the basmati for this particular recipe. The amount of rice to liquid is a simple 1:1 ratio. I do 2 cups of rice for every 2 cups of liquid. Chicken broth is my liquid of choice because it adds so much flavor, but water works perfectly fine too.
Once the rice is cooked, you get to add in the fresh cilantro, lemon and lime juice to really boost that flavor! And yes, I said lemon. I wanted this to taste like the Chipotle version we all love and they use a combo of lemon and lime for the citrus in their recipe!
You Might Also Like:
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Creole Shrimp and Sausage
- Easy Whole30 Taco Seasoning
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth or water
- 1 cup Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice about 4 limes
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Place the basmati rice and liquid into the Instant Pot, stir and place the lid securley onMove valve to seal position and hit the manual button Cook rice on high pressure for 10 minutes, let slow release for 10 minutes and then quick release
- Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a forkStir in the cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice and salt Then Enjoy!