These Whole30 Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are simple, flavorful and are decandently creamy. You will love them as a side dish for any meal!
What You Need:
- Russet Potatoes (can also use golden potatoes)
- Chicken Broth (read labels to make sure you get one that is Whole30 compliant)
- Coconut Milk (or preferred non-dairy milk) We also love NutPods plain flavor
- Ghee (this is a lactose free, clarified butter)
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Herbs (optional)
The first step in this recipe is to cook the potatoes. The Instant Pot does all the work for you! I place the peeled and cubed russet potatoes in the pot with some chicken broth, fresh herbs (if using) and salt. The timer is set to 10 minutes.
When the timer goes off, you do a quick release of the steam and remove the lid (and fresh herbs if used). I then use a potato masher to start mashing the potatoes in the pot. This helps release some of the steam. Then add in the ghee, pepper, more salt to taste and a little coconut milk at a time until desired consistency is reached. You can use a potato masher or hand mixer to mix your potatoes right in the pot.
You Might Also Like:
- The Best Ever Cauliflower Mash
- Whole30 Bangers & Mash
- The Best Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 5 Easy Whole30 Chicken Marinades
- Seared Scallops in Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Dairy Free Scalloped Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Whole30 Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs Russet Potatoes peeled & cubed
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk or unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Fresh Herbs* optional
- Add the peeled & cubed potatoes into the Instant Pot with the broth and 1/2 tsp of salt (and fresh herbs if using)Place the lid on and seal the steam valve. Set the timer for 10 minutes
- When the timer goes off, do a quick release and remove the lid. Remove herbs if used. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes in the IP to release some of the steamThen add in the ghee, pepper and remaining salt to the potatoes. Mash together while adding a little of the coconut milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reachedCan also use a handmixer to make the potatoes even creamier Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as needed