We love crispy chicken thighs in our family. My daughter would eat like 10 of them if I let her lol. As a mom on a budget, I love them because they are cheap, easy to make and delicious. I used to crisp up the skin on the stove top, but it makes such a mess and I have to do it in batches. Then I learned that I can bake them in the oven and still get perfect crispy skin and juicy, tender chicken!
You can use any seasoning that you like but I prefer to use my homemade Chicken Spice Rub. It is easy to make and has so much flavor. You most likely have all the spices in your pantry already. I also love to use Paleo Powder seasonings when I don’t make my own. They are flavor packed and also Whole30 compliant.
I like to bake my on top of a rack that is placed over a lined baking sheet. This helps keep the heat and air circulating around the chicken so that it crisps up instead of steaming. Just make sure not to place your chicken thighs too close together. I like to line mine with parchment paper for easy cleanup, but you can also use a silicone mat if you want something reusable.
I love to serve these crispy baked chicken thighs with my Roasted Radishes & Brussels Sprouts with Bacon or my Best Ever Cauliflower Mash for a healthy low carb and Whole30 meal! It was so yummy and easy to pull together. I also love that this meal is super affordable. It is possible to stick to a budget when eating healthy.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 6 Chicken Thighs Bone-in, Skin-on
- 3 Tbls Chicken Spice Rub* or preferred seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425' and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and a metal rack
- Pat the chicken thighs dry and trim off any excess skin and season with about 1/2 Tbls seasoning per thigh. Place seasoned chicken skin side up on the metal rack on the baking sheet
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, skin should be cripsy and chicken should be fully cooked (internal temp of 165'F)
- Once cooked, let the chicken rest for a minutes and serve with favorite side dish