Even those of us who love eggs get tired of them every once in a while. Fight that breakfast boredom with this egg free sweet potato and apple skillet. It is such a yummy and unexpected combination. I love the sweet and savory flavors with the pop of citrus from the lemon. We make this for meal-prepped breakfasts (and lunches!) for quick and healthy option.
There are quite a few Whole 30 compliant sausages out there these days but my favorite chicken and apple is from Aidells. We love to buy them for quick and easy breakfasts like this one or even for an easy lunch. I also love the Walmart brand, which is compliant as well.
My daughter is an excellent eater, but one of the foods that she hates, is eggs. Ever since she was a baby, it din’t matter what way I cooked them, she refused to eat them. So she doesn’t love a lot of the savory breakfasts that I cook, but she was a huge fan of this egg free skillet. And that is a huge win in my book!
Here are the Step-by-Step instructions for this easy and delicious Sweet Potato & Apple Breakfast Skillet:
1.) I always chop and prep my ingredients before I start so that it makes for a quick meal and easy cleanup.
2.) Heat the ghee (or oil of choice) in the skillet over medium heat and add in the sweet potato and onion. Cook until the sweet potato is almost cooked through and the onions are translucent.
3.) Add in the sliced chicken & apple sausage and cook for another 5 minutes, until the sausage is completely warmed through and has some color on it.
4.) Add in the fresh spinach and green apple and cook until the spinach is just wilted. Then season with salt and fresh lemon juice.
5.) Serve right away or let cool and store in an airtight container for meal prep
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Sweet Potato and Apple Breakfast Skillet- Egg Free
- 1 Tbls Ghee or oil of choice
- 1 Sweet Potato peeled and diced
- 1 Green Apple diced
- 1/4 cup Onion diced
- 2 cups Spinach fresh
- 4 links Chicken Apple Sausage sliced
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Lemon
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat and add the ghee (or oil)
- Add in the onion and sweet potato, cook until the onions are translucent and the potatoes become tender (about 5-7 minutes)
- Add in the chicken sausage and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add in the apple and the spinach and cook until the spinach is just wilted
- Squeeze half the lemon over the dish and season with salt