This Bacon Breakfast Skillet with Ranch Home Fries is the perfect comfort food dish. It is loaded with crispy bacon, ranch potatoes and perfectly cooked eggs. This Paleo and Whole30 dish will be a new family favorite.
*Originally posted August 2019, updated August 2020
I use my homemade Whole30 Ranch Seasoning for this recipe. It is so simple to make and adds so much flavor! It uses herbs that you most likely already have in your pantry.
To cook the ranch home fries, I use the fat that is rendered from the bacon to add even more flavor. The key to getting these potatoes crispy without sticking to the bottom of the pan is to leave them alone. Let them get crispy on one side before moving them around. It makes all the difference.
Eat this on its own or with a side of fresh fruit. You can even drizzle it with some compliant ranch dressing to boost that ranch flavor even more! I love both Tessemae’s and Primal Kitchen. Make sure to read your labels to find Whole30 compliant bacon. I usually find mine at Sprouts, Natural Grocers or Whole Foods.
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Whole30 Breakfast Skillet with Ranch Home Fries
- 2 Russet Potatoes large; peeled and diced
- 6 strips Bacon
- 2 Tbls Whole30 Ranch Seasoning
- 4 Eggs
- Add the bacon to your skillet and then turn the heat to medium. Cook bacon until done and then remove from pan. Discard the fat leaving about 2 Tbls in the pan
- Add in the peeled and diced potatoes to the remaining fat. Let the potatoes fry in the fat for at least a minute before moving around. You want the potatoes to get nice and crispy on all sides (about 10 min)
- Chop the cooked bacon and add back into the pan after the potatoes are mostly cooked and add in 2 Tbls of the Ranch Seasoning Then make 4 wells in the potato mixture and crack an egg into each one. Reduce heat to medium/low and cover with lid or sheet pan for 5-10 minutes (time will vary depending on if you want runny eggs or firm)