I’ll tell you what, the Instant Pot has been a real life-saver this summer. It makes it so easy to get the kids a healthy meal in no time at all. I freaking love it. I wasn’t sure if I would be able to get decadent, creamy oatmeal, but it came out so perfectly. Oatmeal is such a great option for the family because I can make a large batch and we can all customize it to our liking.
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe and it is so easy. I used gluten free old fashioned oats, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, ghee (or butter) or coconut oil (dairy free) and water. That’s it! You don’t have to add the almond milk, you can also use only water if you like. I just enjoy the vanilla flavor and the creaminess that it adds. I also pour more over top when it’s done!
The biggest tip that I have for making creamy instant pot oatmeal is to cook it on low pressure. I tried it on high and it burned a little bit on the bottom. When I cook it on low, it comes out perfect every single time.
- Cinnamon & Brown Sugar (my daughters fave)
- PB & Banana
- Fresh Berries & Coconut
- Chocolate Chips (we use Enjoy Life for gluten/dairy free)
- Crunchy Granola
- Stir in collagen for a boost of protein
Used in This Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Creamy Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Instant Pot
- 2 cups Old Fashion Oats
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Tbls Ghee or butter or coconut oil (dairy free)
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir together
- Put the lid on and seal the steam valve
- Turn to LOW pressure mode and set time to 4 minutes. Once the timer goes off, use the quick release and remove the lid. Stir the oats and serve with toppings of choice!