Make a delicious and hearty breakfast in just minutes with this easy Instant Pot Oatmeal recipe. Perfect for busy mornings or meal prep!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This Instant Pot Oatmeal is an easy, delicious and mostly hands free recipe that is perfect for any day of the week. Customize with your favorite toppings for the perfect breakfast that will satisfy everyone in the family. I love to make this when we have family in town and put all the toppings out for everyone to make their own.
If you enjoy oats in the morning, you will also love my Easy Overnight Oats recipe!
What You Need
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats – I used Bob’s Red Mill
- Vanilla Almond Milk – or plain almond milk
- Ghee or Butter – this adds a little fat to help make it rich and creamy. Can also use vegan butter to make it completely dairy free
Benefits of Oats
Many studies have shown oats to be beneficial for our health. They are a healthy, whole grain source of both carbs and fiber. They are packed with important vitamins and minerals and have been shown to help reduce cholesterol levels. Oats also help keep you fuller for longer, helping you to avoid unnecessary snacking between meals.
I love them because they are easy, delicious and are the perfect healthy breakfast for myself and my whole family.
Let’s Make Oatmeal
1.) Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir together (yes, it really is that easy)
2.) Put the lid on and seal the steam valve
3.) Turn to LOW pressure mode and set time to 4 minutes. Once the timer goes off, gently release the steam slowly (I find it bubbles out the top if I release too quickly) and remove the lid. Stir the oats and serve with toppings of choice!
Topping/Mix In Ideas
- Cinnamon + Brown Sugar – this is the number one choice amongst my kiddos
- PB + Banana
- Fresh Berries + Coconut Flakes – I love this one
- Chocolate Chips – I use Lily’s sugar free
- Protein Powder – this is a great option to stir in for a boost of protein
- Greek Yogurt – a dollop on top makes it extra creamy and also adds a bit of protein
- Chia and Flax Seeds – good way to add some fiber and healthy fats
You Might Also Like
- Easy Overnight Oats Recipe
- Sweet Potato & Apple Sausage Breakfast Skillet
- Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
- Almond Butter & Jam Overnight Oats
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Oatmeal
- 1 Instant Pot
- 2 cups Old Fashion Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Tbls Ghee or butter or coconut oil (dairy free)
- 4 cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Add all of the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir togetherPut the lid on and seal the steam valve
- Turn to LOW pressure mode and set time to 4 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, gently and slowly release the steam (the mixture inside bubbles out sometimes if released too quickly) once the all the steam is released, remove the lid
- Stir the oatmeal, serve and top as desired!