Cauliflower mash is a staple in our house. It is so creamy and decadent, but without the carbs! I call it a ‘mash’, but I guess I could also call it a puree, because I let my food processor do all the work for me. It is so easy and takes not time at all. Use ghee instead of butter and this beautiful bowl of creamy goodness is even Whole30 compliant!
I boil my cauliflower florets in a medium sauce pan until they are fork tender and then drain them. You could also steam the florets, I just feel like boiling is easier.
Once the florets are drained, I add them and the rest of the ingredients into the food processor. Then, as I mentioned before, I let the processor do all the work!
It turns into this smooth and creamy perfection! You can always add more liquid if you need to, but only add a small amount at a time. Remember, you can always add more but you can’t take it out!
I love to top mine with some more butter or ghee and fresh herbs. Parsley and chives are my favorite herbs to use. My Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy go perfectly with this cauliflower mash!
*If I am doing a Whole30, I like to use half coconut milk (or plain unsweetened almond milk) and half chicken broth. I have also used plain Nutpods, which is great too!
*If you do not have a food processor, you can use a regular potato masher or high powered blender
Used in This Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
The Best Cauliflower Mash
- 1 Head of Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/2 cup Half & Half Coconut Milk for Whole30
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2 Tbls Butter Ghee for Whole30
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley for topping (optional)
- Place the cauliflower florets in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Add a little pinch of salt and boil until fork tender. Drain the cauliflower and place into a food processor
- Add the remaining ingredients (except fresh herbs) into the processor and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning, add more salt and pepper if needed
- Top with more butter or ghee and fresh herbs