These loaded brussels sprouts are the perfect low carb appetizer or side dish. Roasted brussels topped with melted cheese, crispy bacon and fresh parsley are served with spicy garlic aioli for the most delicious bite. These are so good, you might even forget that you are eating veggies!
I know that not everyone loves brussels sprouts, but these might just convert the biggest brussel hater. There are no mushy, bland boiled sprouts here! The key is to roasting them to get that beautiful caramelized texture and flavor. Of course loading them up with cheese and bacon doesn’t hurt either 😉
I like to roast mine in a cast iron skillet because it gets super hot and holds that heat evenly. I feel this gives the best color and texture. But a sheet pan works perfectly fine as well. You can line it with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
After the sprouts have a chance to get that beautiful color, it is time to load them up! Sprinkle them with cheese, I used Monterey Jack for this recipe. You can use a different cheese, but make sure it melts well. Gruyere, Swiss, or even mozzarella would be great options. Once the cheese is melted, top with crispy bacon and fresh parsley.
I get all my bacon from ButcherBox.
I cook my bacon in the oven at the same time as the brussels. You can read all about how in this post HERE.
Ways to Serve:
I love to serve these as an appetizer with my Spicy Garlic Aioli as a dipping sauce or as a low carb side dish with the aioli drizzled over top.
Chop up some grilled chicken and add it to the skillet for a complete meal!
You Might Also Like:
- Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Garlic Aioli
- Bacon and Asparagus Bundles with Balsamic
- Pan Roasted Shishito Peppers
- Spicy Garlic Aioli
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Low Carb Loaded Brussels Sprouts
- 24 oz Brussels Sprouts peeled, cut in half
- 1 tsp Olive Oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Cooked Bacon chopped; about 4 slices
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400'F
- Toss the halved Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper and spread in an even layer in a cast iron skillet or on a sheet pan
- Bake for 10 minutes, toss and then bake another 10-15 minutes They should be tender in the middle and browned and crispy on the outside
- Top with cheese and put back in the oven just to melt the cheese – about 2-3 minutes
- Top with chopped bacon and fresh parsley Serve with Spicy Garlic Aioli on the side if desired