These pan roasted Shishito peppers are the perfect Paleo, Whole30 and Keto snack or appetizer. Top with salt flakes and serve with Spicy Garlic Aioli as a dipping sauce. They are so delicious, they will be gone in seconds!
What are Shishito Peppers?
They are a Japanese pepper that have a mellow, slightly sweet flavor that is so addicting! They are not spicy, but there is known to be a random hot one in every bunch. (Although, I have never had a spicy one yet) They are perfect when roasted and blistered in a cast iron pan.
What Oil Should I Use?
You can use olive oil, but when cooking at high temperatures, Avocado oil is best. It has a high smoke point and won’t change the flavor at high heat.
What Should I Serve it With?
You can simply top them with flaked sea salt and lemon, but I love to serve them with a creamy dipping sauce. My Spicy Garlic Aioli pairs perfectly with these blistered Shishito peppers!
How do You Eat Them?
You grab them by the stem and dip them in the sauce. Then you eat everything but the stem in one bite. They are the perfect healthy and satisfying snack!
Where Can I Find Them?
You can find them in most grocery stores today, but I almost always get a bag or two from Trader Joes!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
You Might Also Like:
- Bacon & Asparagus Bundles with Balsamic
- Easy Low Carb Tuna Cakes
- Sweet Pepper Nachos with Cilantro Lime Greek Yogurt Sauce
- Easy Whole30 + Keto Dry Rub Chicken Wings
Pan Roasted Shishito Peppers
- 1 bag Shishito Peppers 14-16 oz
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp Salt Flakes
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, add in the peppersCook the peppers for 7-10 minutes, moving them around every few minutes to get them blistered evenlyOnce they are evenly blistered, remove from the pan, toss with the fakes sea salt and serve immediately