These baked potatoes are the absolute best side dish! Fluffy potato on the inside and salty, crispy skin on the outside. You can't go wrong with this family favorite. Serve alongside your favorite protein for a complete meal.
This recipe is not complicated, but it is so delicious. Forget the old ways of wrapping your potatoes in foil, you just end up with soggy, wrinkled potato skins. With this method you get super crispy skin that is perfectly salted!
The first step is to scrub the dirt off of the potatoes and then pat them dry with paper towel or kitchen towel. Rub them with oil and then salt the outside liberally with kosher salt. Poke them a few times with a fork and then bake until the skin is crispy and the inside is tender. It can take between 45-60 minutes depending on the size of the potato.
TIP - get potatoes that are all similar in size so they bake evenly and in the same amount of time
You can top these baked potatoes however you like. Here are some of my favorite options!
- Bacon, chives and sour cream - use ghee instead of sour cream to make these Whole30 compliant! You can also find delicious lactose or dairy free sour cream if you need that.
- Chili - I use my No-Bean Keto Chili
- Broccoli and cheddar cheese
- You could fill them with pulled pork or sloppy Joe mixture too!
You Might Also Like:
- The Best Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Loaded Brussels Sprouts
- Easy Gluten Free Drop Biscuits
- The Best Classic Potato Salad
- Dairy Free Scalloped Potatoes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
The Best Ever Baked Potatoes
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 1 Tbls Salt
- 2 Tbls Cooked Bacon chopped
- 2 Tbls Fresh Chives chopped
- 4 Tbls Sour Cream Use ghee for Whole30
- Preheat oven to 425'F and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scrub each potato really well to get all of the dirt off and pat dry with paper towel or kitchen towelPoke each potato 2-3 times with a fork Rub with oil and season liberally with salt
- Bake for 45-60 minutes (depending on the size of the potato)Should be tender in the middle and crispy on the outside
- Once cooked, cut a slit in the top of the potato and fluff the inside with a fork
- Top with sour cream, chives and chopped bacon Add more salt and pepper to taste