I know that chili can be a very heated topic for some. Do you add beans, spicy or not, cilantro?? Well, I have made both and I enjoy both but my absolute favorite is this game day no-bean chili! It is packed with flavor and is so hearty and comforting. I love to top mine with tons of fresh cilantro, tomatoes, onion, lime and avocado!
*Originally published 12/17, updated 11/19
The meat base for this chili is a combination of pork and ground beef. You get that beautiful flavor from the ground beef and the fat from the pork (fat is your friend). Then I add crushed tomatoes and lots of seasonings to boost that chili flavor. Some fresh chopped veggies add some heartiness and flavor too.
You can cook this on the stove top, slow cooker or the Instant Pot. This game day chili is the perfect easy, healthy and delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Game Day No Bean Chili
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- 1.5 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Groud Pork
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 28oz Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1 Tbls Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat oil over medium/high heat
- Add ground pork and ground beef. Cook until mostly cooked through. Remove meat from the pot with a slotted spoon
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic and jalapeno to the pot and cook for 5 minutes (stirring occasionally)
- Add the cooked ground pork and beef back in along with the can of crushed tomatoes and all the seasonings
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover and let simmer for at least 30 minutes. I prefer to let it simmer about an hour to 90 minutes to get the best flavor
- In a large pan heat oil over medium/high heat. Add ground pork and ground beef. Cook until mostly cooked through. Remove meat from the pot with a slotted spoon and add to the slow cooker. Add in the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- Turn the Insant Pot to saute mode and add in the oil. Once hot, add in the ground pork and ground beef. Saute until mostly cooked through and turn the saute mode off. Add in the onion, peppers, garlic, and jalapeno and cook for 3 minutes. Add in the remaining ingredients, close the lid and seal the steam valve. Set to high pressure at 20 minutes When timer goes off, do a quick release and enjoy!