I love anything to do with spicy and chicken. Spicy chicken tenders, spicy chicken sandwiches, Nashville hot chicken etc. I just love that combo. These chicken tenders satisfy that craving while being both keto and Whole30! They are spicy, crispy and perfectly juicy on the inside. Dip them in some ranch for the most delicious bite!
The best part of this recipe is that perfectly crispy and flavor-packed coating. I used my traditional dredging method for this and it worked so well. I use each step of the dredging process to add spice and flavor. The almond flour gets seasoned, I add hot sauce to the eggs and lots of spices get mixed into the pork rind breadcrumbs. This ensures maximum flavor in each bite.
Make a dredging station. The first plate or bowl has almond flour, the second has whisked eggs, and the third had the seasoned ‘bread crumbs’
Dip the chicken tender into the seasoned almond flour (shake off excess), then it gets dipped in the egg and finally gets coated in the seasoned ‘breadcrumbs’
What are the ‘breadcrumbs’ made out of?
How do you cook them?
You can cook them two different ways. I personally love to bake them on a parchment lined baking sheet. This is easier and less messy. They also still get nice and crispy.
You can also pan fry them in some oil on the stovetop. You will have to do this in batches, but it will give you a great crisp.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Whole30 Spicy Chicken Tenders
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Tenders
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 cups Pork Rind Breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbls Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp Salt divided
- 2 Tbls Chili Powder divided
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 425' and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Get 3 dishes outIn the first dish add the almond flour with 1 tsp of the salt and 1 Tbls of the chili powder (mix to combine) In the second dish, whisk the eggs with the hot sauce In the third dish, add the pork rind bread crumbs, remaining 1 tsp of salt, remaining 1 Tbls of chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder and paprika (mix to combine)
- You will then dip each chicken tender in the almond flour mixture (shake off excess) Then it will get dipped in the egg mixture and finally coated in the pork rind breadcrumb mixture Once the chicken tender is coated, lay it on the prepared baking sheetContinue until all the chicken tenders are coated and lined on the baking sheet
- Spray the avocado oil spray over the top and bake in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through