Whole30 + Keto Spicy Chicken Tenders
Appetizer | Chicken | Dairy Free | Entrees | Gluten Free | Low Carb | Popular | Reader Favorites | Recipes | Recipes with Video | Snacks | Whole30
I love anything to do with spicy and chicken. Spicy chicken tenders, spicy chicken sandwiches, Nashville hot chicken etc. I just love that combo. These chicken tenders satisfy that craving while being both keto and Whole30! They are spicy, crispy and perfectly juicy on the inside. Dip them in some ranch for the most delicious bite!
*originally posted 5/2021; updated 08/2022
What You Need:
- Chicken Tenderloins
- Almond Flour
- Pork Rinds – these are crushed up in the food processor to make the crispy exterior of the chicken!
- Hot Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 425′ and place wire baking rack over a baking sheet
- Add the pork rinds to the food processor and pulse until they are like fine breadcrumbs (if you don’t have a food processor, add them to a plastic bag, seal it and gently smash it with a rolling pin until fine breadcrumbs)
- Then get 3 separate dishes out. In the first dish, add the almond flour with 1 tsp of salt and 1 Tbls of the chili powder (mix to combine) The second dish will have the eggs whisked with the hot sauce and the third will have the crushed pork rinds, remaining salt, remaining chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder and paprika (mixed to combine)
- Dip each tenderloin into the almond flour mixture and gently shake off excess. Then dip in the egg mixture and finally, dip into the pork rind breadcrumb mixture – fully coating each tenderloin
- Line on the wire rack over the baking sheet and spray with avocado oil
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the outside is nice and crispy
Tips for This Recipe:
Serve these chicken tenders with ranch or blue cheese dressing and a side of celery sticks for a fun appetizer/snack. Or you can serve them over a big salad with lots of veggies and your favorite dressing to make it more of a meal.
You Might Also Like:
- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Spicy Pineapple Chicken
- 5 Easy Whole Chicken Marinades
- Low Carb Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
- Whole30 + Keto Herb Roasted Chicken
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Whole30 + Keto Spicy Chicken Tenders
These chicken tenders are spicy, crispy and perfectly juicy on the inside. Dip them in some ranch for the most delicious bite!
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 4 cups Pork Rinds Plain
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbls Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp Salt divided
- 2 Tbls Chili Powder divided
- 1 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Avocado Oil Spray
- Pre-heat oven to 425' and place wire baking rack over a baking sheet
- Add the pork rinds to the food processor and pulse until they are like fine breadcrumbs (if you don't have a food processor, add them to a plastic bag, seal it and gently smash it with a rolling pin until fine breadcrumbs)
- Then get 3 separate dishes outIn the first dish, add the almond flour with 1 tsp of salt and 1 Tbls of the chili powder (mix to combine) The second dish will have the eggs whisked with the hot sauceThe third will have the crushed pork rinds, remaining salt, remaining chili powder, cayenne, garlic powder and paprika (mixed to combine)
- Dip each tenderloin into the almond flour mixture and gently shake off the excessThen dip into the egg mixtureFinally, dip into the pork rind breadcrumb mixture, fully coating each tenderloinLine on the wire rack over the baking sheet and spray with avocado oil
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through and outside is nice and crispy
- The wire rack on top of the baking sheet helps the air circulate making for crispier spicy chicken tenders. I have also baked them on a parchment lined baking sheet and the tops of the tenders are super crispy but the underside isn’t as crispy (but still just as delish)
- Make sure to follow the dredging steps in order. This is how you get the best breading that doesn’t fall off
- Serve these with my homemade ranch dressing for the perfect dip!
- If you have leftovers, reheat them in the oven on the wire rack to crisp them back up. Heat at 375′ for about 4-5 minutes. You want the breading to crisp up but you don’t want the chicken to dry out
Calories: 567kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 64gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 258mgSodium: 2183mgPotassium: 774mgFiber: 5gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1760IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 107mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @thebetteredblondie
Hi I am allergic to eggs. Do you have any suggestions for a substitute?
I tried this recipe last night with my boyfriend and we LOVED it! It was the perfect amount of spice and the chicken was cooked perfectly per her instructions. I did want to a mention a few things I did w/ this recipe as an alternative & notes!
– I used regular flour instead of almond and it worked out great!
– I used Cholula for my hot sauce of choice
Love this recipe and can’t wait to cook it more in the future!
So good! Just wondering, is the nutrition information broken down per serving or for the whole 4 servings it makes?
What kind of hot sauce did you use?
These are fantastic. They are delicious, keto and crunchy. You know they’re a winner when even your husband loves them.
Woo hoo! So glad you enjoyed 🙂
I have made this recipe a few times and my family and I love it! It is definitely a favorite! Best part is the leftovers are just as tasty as when it was first cooked! Definitely give this one a try!
Yay, so happy to hear this! It is always a win when you have delicious leftovers 🙂
Have you ever frozen these?
My husband and I loved these! We used an air fryer and it worked great. Try 370 degrees for 8 minutes then flip for another 5 minutes. Just sprayed a little avocado oil beforehand. Hope this helps! We will be adding this recipe to our regular rotation for sure.
Ooooh, now I want to try them in my air fryer! I’m so glad you enjoyed them 🙂
The dipping sauce with the tenders looks so good. Is that recipe on the site as well?
It is my Whole30 Ranch Dressing🙂
Thanks! Love that it’s Whole30 too!
Love this receipe! Roughly how many tenders are considered 1 serving?
Do you think these would hold up in an air fryer?
I don’t have an air fryer, so I don’t know for sure. But I would think so, they are hold up well in the oven and skillet. Let me know if you try it!
Absolutely delicious! These chicken tenders are spicy, crunchy, and super easy to make-they also make great leftovers. The best part is that the combination of egg/almond flour/hot sauce/pork rinds sticks to the chicken really really well and does not come off at all after baking. Will be making these a regular part of weeknight dinners ❤️
So glad you enjoyed them Gina!