Of all the one-pan meals that I have made, this one just might be my favorite. It is so simple, but the flavor combination is out of this world. Sweet and spicy is my jam! This spicy pineapple chicken came together in 30 minutes and was great for meal prepped lunches. We served it over some cauliflower rice for an easy and delicious Whole30 meal.
This recipe is super simple but has a ton of flavor, part of that comes from letting the chicken marinate for a little while. So, I do this first while I get the rest of the ingredients together. Chicken thighs are the perfect cut for this dish because they don’t dry out when you are cooking them. And bonus, the are less expensive! I just use my sharp kitchen shears to cut them into cubes because it is so much faster than using a knife.
The marinade is easy, so it comes together fast. I use coconut aminos, hot sauce, pineapple juice and some crushed red pepper flakes. It adds so much flavor to the chicken but also keeps it tender. I get questions often about coconut aminos. It is a Whole30 and paleo condiment that just adds extra depth of flavor to dishes. I use it for everything! You can find it at any local grocery store or online. I like to get it when I am close to a Trader Joe’s because they have it for a great price.
This dish is pretty easy to keep Whole30 compliant, the two things to keep an eye on is the pineapple and the hot sauce. Just make sure you buy the pineapple without any syrup. For hot sauce, Frank’s is my favorite compliant brand and it is found at any grocery store. To bulk up the meal a little bit, we served it over some cauliflower rice and it was perfect. But it is equally as delicious on its own! When we are not doing a round, we love it over regular white or brown rice.
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Spicy Pineapple Chicken
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs cubed
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbls Fresh Ginger grated
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbls Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 1/2 Red Onion sliced
- 2 Jalapeños sliced
- 1 14.5 Can Pineapple Chunks drained
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tbls Green Oinion
- Drain the pineapple reserving 1/2 cup of the juice
- Cube the chicken thighs and place in a large glass bowl. Then in a separate small bowl, combine the coconut aminos, pineapple juice (from the can), hot sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes. Pour over the chicken and let it marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Once the chicken has marinated for about 15-30 minutes, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in the onion and jalapeño. Cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant
- Then turn the heat up to medium/high and add in the chicken and the marinade into the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and then let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through (10-15 minutes) . Stir occasionally. Add in the salt, pineapple and juice of half of a lime, cook for another 3-5 minutes and serve! Top with some sliced green onions, fresh jalapenos and lime wedges