These Bakes Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos are so easy to make but so delicious! They are a filled with tender and flavorful salsa verde chicken (can be made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker) and then baked for a perfect crispy outer shell. Fill with all the fresh toppings for the perfect bite!
*Originally posted 10/2019; updated 03/2021
I have had a true love for tacos since I was a little girl. My mom used to make a giant batch of fried tacos for special occasions and I loved them. My diet has changed since then but I made these baked tacos and I went right back to those childhood memories. They are crispy, flavorful and completely Paleo.
What You Need:
- Chicken Thighs - can also use breasts if preferred
- Salsa Verde
- Grain Free Tortillas - we love Siete and find them in the freezer section at our local grocery store
- Topping Ideas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sliced Radish
Let's Make Baked Tacos:
- The first step in this recipe is to make the salsa verde chicken. You can use the Instant Pot or the Slow Cooker. It is truly a dump and go kind of recipe. Just add the chicken thighs (or breasts) to the Instant Pot along with the salsa verde, onion and garlic. Cook on high for 15 minutes and then shred the chicken in the sauce. That's it! (slow cooker instructions in recipe card below)
- While the filling is cooling, preheat the oven to 375' and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the tortillas on the baking sheet and put about ¼ cup of the salsa verde chicken on one half of the tortilla.
- Gently fold the tortilla over and spray with avocado oil spray. Bake for 10 minutes and then broil for 30 seconds to 1 minute to get them extra crispy.
- Fill with desired toppings and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
- Whole30 + Keto Instat Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Keto + Whole30 Taco Bake
- Instant Pot Steak Fajita Bowls
- Healthy Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowls
- Pico de Gallo
- Shrimp Tacos with Slaw and Pineapple Salsa
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Baked Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs or chicken breasts
- 1 jar Salsa Verde I use Herdez 15.7 oz jar
- 1 White Onion chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 8 Grain Free Tortillas Siete Almond Flour
- Avocado Oil Spray optional topping
- Shredded Lettuce optional topping
- Sliced Limes optional topping
- Sliced Radish optional topping
- Tomatoes optional topping
- Avocado optional topping
- Place the chicken thighs (or breasts), salsa verde, onion and garlic into the Instant Pot. Close the lid, seal the steam valve and set to high pressure for 15 minutes. When timer goes off, slow release for 10 minutes and then quick release.Shred the chicken in the sauce and set aside to cool
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker, cover with the salsa verde, chopped onion and garlic. Cover and cook for 4 hours on low or 2 hours on high.When done, shred the chicken in the sauce and set aside to cool
- Preheat oven to 375'Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the tortillas on topWhen the salsa verde chicken filling is slightly cooled, place about ¼ cup of the mixture onto one half of the tortilla and carefully fold in halfOnce they are all done, spray with avocado oil and bake for 10 minutes, switch to broil at the end for 1 minute to get a little more color and crispness