This easy Keto and Whole30 taco bake is about to be your new favorite weeknight meal. It has all the flavors you love about tacos but in a casserole form. Top it with all the fresh toppings you can imagine for the perfect meal.
This dish comes together so quickly but really delivers on flavor. I used my favorite ground beef from Butcher Box for this recipe and add cauliflower rice for a boost of veggies. I know that not everyone loves cauliflower, but I swear, you can’t taste it in this recipe! It also is a great way to stretch out the meal.
The ground beef and cauliflower rice get sautéed with fresh aromatics and lots of delicious taco spices before they get added to the baking dish. It then gets topped with some beaten eggs to help bind it together before going in the oven to bake. While the Whole30 taco bake is in the oven, I get the toppings ready. I love to use fresh cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, black olives, red onion etc. The best part is that you can add whatever you like!
Can you use a different ground meat?
Yes, absolutely. This recipe would be great with ground turkey, chicken, or bison.
Does it reheat well?
Yes! This recipe is perfect for meal prep. I just keep the toppings separate, so I can reheat the taco bake and then add the toppings after.
used in this recipe:
you might also like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Keto & Whole30 Taco Bake
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper seeded & diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 Tbls Tomato Paste
- 4 oz Can of Diced Green Chiles
- 12 oz Cauliflower Rice fresh or frozen
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1.5 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Diced Avocado
- Diced Tomatoes
- Black Olives
- Diced Red Onion
- Fresh Cilantro
- Pre-heat oven to 350' and grease a 2.5 quart baking dish* ( I use avocado oil spray)
- Add the salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, paprika and cayenne into a small bowl and whisk to combine
- In a large skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium heatAdd in the diced onion, garlic and bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionallyThen add in the ground beef along with the spice mixture and tomato paste. Saute until meat is mostly cooked through
- Stir in the diced green chiles and cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen) into the meat mixture until fully combinedPour the mixture into the greased baking dish and top with the beaten eggs (mix a little to combine) Bake for 30 minutes then remove from oven and let cool
- Serve with toppings of choice