Fish taco bowls are one of my favorite summer meals. The only part that requires cooking is the fish and it takes minutes. The rest of the bowl is loaded with bright, refreshing ingredients that will make your tastebuds dance. You’re going to want these taco bowls on your weekly menu, taco Tuesday anyone?
What Kind of Fish Can I Use?
I make these bowls all the time and my two favorite types of fish to use are cod and tilapia. I have also used haddock and that was delicious too. Cod is my favorite, it has such a delicate flavor and it is so flakey. Tilapia is our go-to for inexpensive meals. It cooks extremely fast and also has a light flavor.
How to Make the Cilantro Cream Sauce:
The sauce is so easy. It only calls for three ingredients! Mayo, Lime & Cilantro. I love how the lime thins out the mayo and it also adds just the right amount of tang. If you are not doing a Whole30, you could also use sour cream instead of mayo. Our favorite Whole30 compliant mayo is from Primal Kitchen.
More Recipes You Will Love:
Used in this Recipe:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
*Post, Recipe & Photos updated 7/8/19
Fish Taco Bowls with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- 4 filets Cod or fish of choice
- 1 Tbls Cilantro chopped
- 2 small Limes divided
- 1.5 tsp Salt divided
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Mayo Primal Kitchen
- 2 cup Green Cabbage shredded
- In a medium sized bowl, add the cabbage, the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix together and set aside
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, the juice of 1/2 lime and 1 Tbls chopped cilantro
- Combine the rest of the seasonings in a small bowl. Pat the fish dry with a paper towel and the coat with the seasoning mixture
- Heat the avocado oil over medium heat in a skillet, once the oil is hot, add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side and then flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes. Cooking time will vary slightly depending on the size of the fish. It should easily flake with a fork when done
- To assemble the bowls, place the cabbage on the bottom, then place the fish on top. Drizzle with the cream sauce and add any additional toppings
- Fresh Tomatoes
- Lime Wedges
- Red Onion
- Sliced Radishes