These low carb chicken fajitas are absolutely packed with flavor! The chicken is so juicy and tender and the veggies are sweet and caramelized. You will love having this meal in your weekly rotation. Serve it over cauliflower rice to make a delicious and healthy meal!
This is one of my favorite meals to make the family. It is so easy to make and everyone loves it. There are also so many ways to customize it depending on your preferences. You can serve it over cauliflower rice to make a delicious bowl or with your favorite lettuce to make a flavorful salad. I also enjoy it in low carb tortillas (not Whole30, but still low carb).
I use cubed chicken thighs for these chicken fajitas. The thighs are so flavorful and tender, but cubed chicken breast will also work for this recipe. I get all of my chicken from ButcherBox, it is the best quality meat and gets delivered right to my front door. I have been using it for almost 3 years now and I have never been disappointed.
How To Serve:
- To keep this recipe Whole30 and Low Carb you can serve it over a bed of lettuce to make a fajita salad or over Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- You can also serve over my regular Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- Top with fresh Pico de Gallo and Guacamole for even more flavor!
- Enjoy in a corn tortilla or Siete tortilla for the perfect gluten free option
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
*photography by Loren Runion of SweetRusticBakes.com
Whole30 + Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil or olive oil
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Thighs cubed
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Red Bell Peppers seeded & sliced
- 1 Green Bell Peppers seeded & sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper seeded & sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper seeded & sliced
- 1 Red Onion sliced
- 2 Tbls Lime Juice fresh
- 2 Tbls Cilantro
- Heat 1 Tbls oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add in the chicken, season with salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano and onion powderBrown the chicken and cook until just done (about 7-10 minutes) Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Add the remaining Tbls of oil and turn heat to medium/low and add in the peppers and onionsCook until soft and slightly caramelized (5-7 minutes) and then add in the garlic. Cook 1-2 more minutes and then add the chicken back in
- Pour in the lime juice and season with a little more salt and let cook for 3-5 more minutesChicken should be completely cooked through
- Serve with cilantro and some lime wedges