These Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect sweet treat whether you are eating low carb or not. They are so easy to make and taste so delicious! My whole family chowed them down as soon as they were done baking.
The base batter for these keto cookies is almond flour and almond butter. The combination makes for delicious tasting cookies with great texture. I use Swerve granulated sweetener for sweetness and my FAVORITE no sugar added chocolate from Lily’s. These cookies have a combination of milk chocolate chips and chopped dark chocolate.
Once the batter is mixed with the chocolate, I use a medium ice cream scoop to get 15 perfect scoops of cookie dough (minus a few bites from me lol). I always bake on a parchment lined baking sheet to make for easy cleanup and the cookies don’t stick.
I left these cookies nice and round because I wanted that beautiful soft texture. You can press them down a little bit for more of a traditional cookie shape. Also, you should ALWAYS press some extra chocolate chips into the top once they are scooped. Two reasons 1.) you get even more chocolate 2.) they look pettier after they bake.
Sweet & salty is my jam so I also love to sprinkle just a little bit if maldon sea salt flakes on the top of the cookies when they come out of the oven. Unreal. You guys are going to love these cookies, they are the perfect keto treat. Just trust me.
Can you use coconut flour instead?
No, coconut flour is not a 1 for 1 sub for almond flour. It absorbs liquid in a much different way and the cookies will not come out right.
Can you use a different nut butter?
Yes! I absolutely love these cookies with almond butter, cashew butter and peanut butter! The carb count will change depending on what nut butter you use, so keep that in mind. Also, definitely stick to a creamy variety for the best texture.
Can I use a different sweetener?
I have not tested this with other sweeteners, but you should be fine using a granulated erythritol. I would not use a liquid sweetener in this recipe.
used in this recipe:
you might also like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350' and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl sift the almond flour, baking powder & salt together
- In a separate bowl mix the swerve sweetener, creamy almond butter, egg, meleted & cooled ghee and vanilla extract until well combined
- Use a spatula to combine the dry ingredient with the wet ingredients and then stir in the chocolate chips and chopped dark chocolate
- Use medium cookie scoop to scoop out 15 cookies onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-14 minutes. 12 minutes is usually what ends up perfect for me. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes (top with sea salt if using)