I love a good classic peanut butter cookie, but I hate gluten free baking. We eat mostly gluten free in our family because we have experienced so many benefits from it, but baked goods can be so hard to recreate. The reason these are the BEST gluten free peanut butter cookies is because you only need one flour and they taste just like the original. Hallelujah!
Making cookies is something that I always enjoy doing with my daughter. I love that food can bring people together in such a special way. Her and I have so many happy memories together in the kitchen, she loved making these gluten free peanut butter cookies with me. She especially loved pressing the fork into the dough to make the traditional criss cross pattern 🙂
We lined our sheet pan with parchment paper but you can also use a Silicone Baking Mat . It helps keep the cookies from sticking and it also makes for easier cleanup. The flour I used is Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour. I took my classic peanut butter cookie recipe and just subbed this flour in for traditional all-purpose flour. It worked out perfectly for delicious, soft and chewy cookies! It was just so much easier than trying to combine a bunch of different flours together to get the right texture.
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
The Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar can sub Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter softened (or coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Egg whole
- 1.5 cups Gluten Free Flour Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350'
- Put the peanut butter, softened butter (or coconut oil) and sugars in a large bowl and using hand mixer to combine until smooth
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix again until fully combined
- In a separate bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and then pour into the bowl with the wet ingredients
- Use rubber spatula to fully combine and then use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough and roll into a ball. You should get about 24 total
- Place the balls on a lined baking sheet (parchment paper or a silicone mat) and then gently press the top of each ball down with the back of a fork (vertical and horizontal) to make the classic criss cross pattern (can sprinkle granulated sugar on top if desired)
- Bake for 7-9 minutes, be careful not to over bake, you want them to be soft and chewy. Let cool on a cookie rack. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag
- Drizzle some melted peanut butter over the top for extra PB flavor if desired!