When it comes to fall desserts, I love an apple crisp or apple pie. This gluten free apple & pear crisp hits all the right notes. It has tender and caramelized fruit topped with a perfectly sweet, crisp topping. Serve with some vanilla ice cream and you can't go wrong!
*originally posted 10/2019
This apple and pear crisp is my go-to dessert at family gatherings. It is a crowd pleaser for sure. It is hard to resist warm crisp with melty ice cream on top 🙂 This version is gluten-free but you would never know it. It can also easily be made dairy free by using your favorite vegan butter.
I love the combination of these two delicious fall fruits. The pears bring a lovely sweetness and the granny smith apples bring both the sweet and the tart. These peeled and sliced fruits get tossed with some sugar and tapioca starch before placed in the dish. As it bakes it creates a beautiful caramel sauce, it is divine!
Those sweet and caramelized fruits get topped with the easiest and most delicious crisp topping. It is made in a bowl, no other kitchen gadgets needed. The topping is one of my favorite parts, it adds so much flavor and texture! We also always serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
You Might Also Like:
- Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Butter Brownies
- The Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Gluten Free Monster Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Photography by Loren Runion of SweetRusticBakes.com
Gluten Free Apple and Pear Crisp
- Preheat oven to 350' F and grease 9x13 baking dish
- Place the thinly sliced fruit in a large bowl with the other filling ingredients, toss until combined and pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish
- Add all of the ingredients except the butter into a bowl and stir to combineThen add in the butter and use hands to work into the mixture. The mixture should be crumbly and sand likeCover the fruit with the topping and place baking dish in the ovenBake for 40-50 minutes. Topping will be golden browned and crisp and fruit will be bubbling undeneath. Let cool slightly before serving