These Paleo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins are tender and perfectly spiced with a beautiful crisp streusel topping. They are sure to be your new favorite fall treat!
These are very simple to make which is great because my daughter loves to help me make them. I always mix my wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls and then fold them together to combine. This helps keep the muffin from getting too dense. Almond flour is the base of these muffins and I love to use Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour.
Coconut sugar is my sweetener of choice for most of my baking recipes. It has a flavor very similar to brown sugar, but it isn’t quite as sweet. It also has a lower glycemic index which is great. The flavor pairs very well with the pumpkin and the beautiful, warming pumpkin pie spice.
The streusel topping is what really puts these beauties over the top. It adds the perfect crunch and another layer of warm fall spiciness. It’s an extra step but it is so worth it and it only takes a few minutes. The pecans end up tasting like the spiced, candied nuts that they sell at the fair. The kind that you can smell from a mile away. It’s my favorite part of these muffins.
Used in This Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Paleo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350′
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice with a whisk
- In a separate bowl add in the pumpkin, coconut sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil. Mix until well combined and then fold into the dry ingredients
- Line muffin tin with liners and use an ice cream scoop to fill each spot with the muffin batter
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together until well combined (I use my fingers to make sure the coconut oil gets well incorporated) Once mixed place a little bit on top of the batter in each spot
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, check with toothpick (should come out clean) Let cool on a cooling rack before removing from the pan