This Low Carb Shrimp & Sausage Skillet is my go-to meal on a busy weeknight. It is absolutely packed with flavor and cooks all in one pan. We get a healthy and delicious meal on the table in no time at all and cleanup is a breeze. That is a win in my book, you will love having this recipe on hand!
*originally posted 9/2018
This is one of those dishes that I could eat every week. It is so easy but so very yummy. This shrimp and sausage skillet has flavor, texture and is made with healthy ingredients. This recipe is Paleo, Keto and Whole30 compliant. Just make sure to check the labels on your sausage if you are doing a round of Whole30.
How To Serve This Dish:
In our family, we eat it as is! I just serve it in a bowl. But if you wanted to bulk it up a bit you could serve it over cauliflower rice to keep it both Keto and Whole30. It would be delicious over regular rice as well.
What Kind of Shrimp and Sausage do I use?
- For Shrimp – I use and recommend large wild caught shrimp that have been peeled and deveined. You also want raw, not pre-cooked. And I personally love to keep the tails on for added flavor and presentation, but you can get tail-off shrimp as well
- For Sausage – I love to use andouille for this recipe. It pairs so well with the shrimp and with the seasonings. If you can’t find andouille that is Whole30 compliant, I also love and use smoked sausage (kielbasa).
You Might Also Like:
- Whole30 Creole Shrimp & ‘Cheesy’ Grits
- Whole30 Creole Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Creole Shrimp & Sausage
- Whole30 Spicy Pineapple Chicken
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Photography by Loren Runion of SweetRusticBakes.com
Low Carb Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil or oil of choice
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage sliced – or kielbasa
- 1 lb Large Shrimp raw, peeled, deveined,
- 1 Red Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Small Zucchini sliced – or one large
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbls Parsley chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the seasonings together
- Pat your shrimp dry and season with half the seasoning mixture on both sidesHeat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the shrimp on the first side for 2 minutesThen flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes (or until just cooked through) remove from pan and set aside
- Add a little more oil to the pan if needed and cook the sliced sausage in the skillet until browned evenly – remove from pan and set aside
- Add in the peppers and onions, sauté until onions just start to get translucent and peppers are slightly softenedThen stir in the garlic, jalapeno, zucchini and remaining seasoning mixture; cook for an additional 5-7 minutes
- Then the shrimp and sausage get added back in, leave over heat for 1 minute just to warm them back upRemove from heat and top with parsley if desired