One of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is that you can get outrageous flavor in minutes. This Whole30 Instant Pot Creole Shrimp and Sausage tastes like it was simmering all day, but is made in less than 30 minutes!
The first step in this recipe is cooking the shrimp. I use tail on shrimp because I love the flavor that it adds, but feel free to use ones that have the tails removed. To cook the shrimp, I use the sauté function on the Instant Pot. Just add some ghee into the pot and let it melt, then sauté the shrimp with a tablespoon of the creole seasoning for 3-5 minutes. Just until it turns pink, you want to be careful not to overcook it or it will get a little rubbery. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove it from the pot and set aside.
Next we add the holy trinity of creole cooking; bell pepper, celery, and onion. This is the base of almost all cajun/creole dishes and it adds so much flavor. I also add in some jalapeño and garlic for another layer of flavor. I use Pederson’s Farms kielbasa for the smokey flavor and to keep this dish Whole30 compliant. Andouille sausage would also be amazing in this dish, but I haven’t found one that is compliant.
The last few ingredients are the fire roasted tomatoes and some broth and then you put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes. Yes, I said that right. FIVE MINUTES. The Instant Pot is amazing. After the timer goes off, you do a quick release and take off the lid. This is when you add the shrimp back in and stir in the frozen cauliflower rice. I’m telling you, this is the easiest dish to make. The cauliflower rice cooks right in the hot liquid. Serve it up in a bow, top with some hot sauce and herbs and you have a fantastic meal.
used in this recipe:
you might also like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Creole Shrimp & Sausage
- 1 Tbls Ghee
- 1.5 lbs Raw Shrimp Peeled & Deveined; Tail On
- 14 oz Kielbasa or andouille* sliced
- 1 cup Yellow Onion diced
- 2 Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeno seeded & diced
- 2 Tbls Creole Seasoning divided
- 14.5 oz Can of Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Cauliflower Rice frozen
- 1 Tbls Parsley
- 1 Tbls Green Onion
- 2 dashes Hot Sauce Franks Red Hot (optional)
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode and add in the ghee, once it is melted add in the shrimp and 1 Tbls of the creole seasoning. Cook for 3-5 minutes until just turns pink and remove from the pot
- Then add in 1 Tbls of avocado oil and add in the bell peppers, onions, celery, garlic, remaining creole seasoning and jalaepeno. Let cook for 2 minutes and add in the sliced kielbasa, fire roasted tomatoes, and brothPut on the lid, seal the steam valve and set on high pressure for 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, do a quick release of the steam and remove the lid. Stir in the cooked shrimp and cauliflower rice. Top with fresh herbs and add in some hot sauce if desired