This Creole Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is an incredibly flavorful meal that is both Whole30 and Low Carb! The roasted squash is the perfect vehicle for this spicy and delicious dish. Sweet and delicate shrimp, spiced sausage and aromatic veggies make this meal irresistible.
Creole seasonings have been a favorite of mine for a long time. You can develop so much flavor in a short amount of time. It is a great way to enjoy eating healthy because it tastes like you are enjoying your favorite comfort foods.
I use andouille sausage in this recipe, if you are doing a round of Whole30, be sure to check the labels for added sugars or additives. If you can't find a compliant andouille, smoked sausage also works incredibly well in this stuffed squash. I got my wild caught shrimp from ButcherBox, it is my favorite place to get the best quality meats and seafood and it gets delivered right to my front door!
The base for this stuffed spaghetti squash is obviously the squash! Read my post on how to roast spaghetti squash to get perfect al dente 'noodle strands'. The roasting adds flavor and you get perfectly cooked squash every time.
Peppers, onions, garlic and fire roasted tomatoes make up the 'sauce' for this recipe. The browned sausage and shrimp gets stirred in and then it all gets tossed with the strands of spaghetti squash. It is a delicious and comforting meal that is packed with delectable goodness.
You Might Also Like:
- Whole30 Creole Shrimp and 'Chessy Grits'
- Low Carb Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
- Whole30 Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Creole Stuffed Spaghetti Squash - Whole30 + Low Carb
- 1 Spaghetti Squash roasted
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 links Andouille Sausage sliced
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 ½ Tbls Creole Seasoning
- 1 Yellow Onion thinly sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Jalapeno thinly sliced
- 14.5 oz Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Tbls Fresh Parsley chopped
- The first step is to roast the squash - see how HERE
- While the squash is roasting, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heatAdd in the sliced sausage and saute until nicely browned and heated throughRemove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the shrimp to the same pan (add more oil if needed) and season with 1 Tbls of the creole seasoning Saute for 3-4 minutes until shrimp is pink and just cooked through and remove from pan
- Add in the sliced onion and peppers, saute for 5 minutes until veggies start to soften, then stir in the minced garlic and remaining fire roasted tomatoes - let simmer gently for another 5 minutes Stir in the sausage, shrimp and cooked spaghetti squash and leave over heat until it is all warmed through (3-5 minutes)Add filling to the squash shells and top with fresh parsleyEnjoy!