This Kielbasa and Cabbage Soup is a healthy Polish inspired dish that is so comforting and satisfying. Smoky sausage, tender potatoes and buttery cabbage, this soup is loaded with flavors that the whole family will love.
My husband grew up in Poland and he loves homemade soup. So I made this kielbasa and cabbage soup with him in mind and he devoured it 🙂 It is so good, I could eat it every week. This recipe is warming and filling and truly soothes the soul.
You only need a few simple and inexpensive ingredients to make this recipe, but the flavor is incredible. That is my favorite kind of meal! It is perfect for a busy weeknight or chilly fall day.
This soup is Whole30 compliant, gluten free and dairy free. If you are doing a round of Whole30, be sure to check the labels on your kielbasa. I love both Pederson's Farms and Garrett Valley Farms no sugar added sausages.
You Might Also Like:
- Sausage, Kale & Potato Soup
- Italian White Bean Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Low Carb Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Healthy Kielbasa and Cabbage Soup
- Heat the avocado oil in a dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat and cooked the kielbasa until evenly browned - then remove from pan
- Melt the ghee in the pot and add in the onion and cabbage and saute for 4-5 minutes Add in the garlic, potatoes, carrots and seasonings. Saute another 2-3 minutes Stir the kielbasa back in and pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer Let cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender
- Serve in bowls and enjoy! Top with more dried or fresh dill as desired