Two things you should know. 1.) My daughter loves soup 2.) My daughter loves beans. So basically this is her dream recipe haha. My entire family loves this soup, my mom even messaged me for the recipe before I could even post it. The best part is that it is super easy and quick to make. You can even swap out the beans for some potatoes and it’s completely Whole30 compliant!
This is probably my favorite soup recipe that I have made and that is saying a lot because I have some amazing soup recipes! But this one is just so simple and so comforting. It gets so much flavor from the Italian sausage, onions, carrots, celery and garlic. I could eat the whole pot myself! The beans are so creamy and buttery, they go perfectly with the herby flavors in the broth.
I use chicken broth for this recipe and top it off with some coconut milk at the end to make it even more creamy. The best part about this soup is that it comes together in under 30 minutes! Serve it with some toasted bread and a fresh side salad for a beautiful family meal.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Italian White Bean Soup
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 lb Spicy Italian Sausage ground
- 1 Yellow Onion small, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 Carrots peeled & diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Cans of White Beans (drained) 14.5 oz, cannellini
- 2 cups Spinach fresh
- 1 sprig Rosemary
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk 14.5 oz
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat and cook the ground Italian sausage until cooked through
- Then add in the onion, carrots and celery. Cook for 3 minutes until the onions are translucent and the carrots are slightly tender. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute
- Add in the chicken broth, salt, pepper flakes, beans, rosemary and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 15 minutes
- Discard rosemary and bay leaves. Stir in the coconut milk and spinach. Remove from heat and serve.