I love a good chicken soup recipe and this is one of my favorites. This soup is so easy to make and is a regular staple in our home almost year round. My husband and I enjoy it with zoodles, and the kids love it with some gluten free pasta. Either way it is a healthy and absolutely delicious meal!
*Originally Published Sept 2018. Updated photos and post Sept 2019.
I used my Instant Pot to make this recipe and it was so incredibly easy. It has been such a life saver for our weeknights. I have been able to make a full meal in no time flat and I love it. We love soup in our family and this recipe is no different. It has all the traditional flavors that you love, but also has that citrusy kick from lemon & thyme.
I did not add the zoodles into the Instant Pot for this recipe. I prefer to pour the hot chicken soup over raw zoodles in the bowl. This way they still have a bit of a bite to them verses becoming soggy. And if you know me at all, you know that I HATE soggy veggies. It also makes it easier to customize it for the kids. I just make a box of gluten free pasta separately and pour the soup over the noodles for them.
Used in This Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 3 Carrots cut into rounds
- 2 Celery Stalks diced
- 1/2 cup Yellow Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 Chicken Breasts or 4 thighs
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary or 1 sprig fresh
- 1 Lemon halved; seeds removed
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 Zucchini spiralized
- Put Instant Pot to 'saute' mode and add in the oil. Then add in the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes and then hit 'off' button
- Add remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot, except the zucchini. Place the lid on and seal the steam valve. Turn to 'pressure cook' mode and set time to 20 minutes for breasts (15 minutes for thighs)
- While the soup is cooking, make your zucchini noodles using the spiralizer and place them into the bottom of the serving bowls
- When timer goes off, release the steam per Instant Pot instructions and take off the lid. Remove the bay leaves, lemon, and thyme stems and discard. Shred the chicken using two forks. Ladle chicken soup over the zoodles in each bowl and serve