This healthy Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup is a delicious and low carb version of your favorite comfort food. It is packed with flavor and nutrients, making it the perfect fall and winter meal. You will love the fresh ingredients and surprise lemony kick that this soup delivers.
*Originally Published Sept 2018
We love soup in our family, all year round. It is so warm and comforting. I love that we can make something healthy that tastes so good. This chicken zoodle soup is my take on the classic chicken noodle version I’ve always loved. It’s simple but flavorful and has a lovely lemony kick.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that the Instant Pot does all the work! It can cook the soup so quickly but it tastes like it has been simmering on the stove all day. I use the saute function to start the veggies and then add in the broth and chicken. It is so easy and the chicken just shreds perfectly.
This recipe is already super low in WW SmartPoints, so you could use noodles if you prefer and still keep it low in points. I like to cook the noodles separately and stir them into the bowl with the soup. This is how my kids eat it and they love it.
How to Store/Freeze the Soup:
This soup is perfect for meal prep for the week or as a freezer meal! To store in the fridge for the week, let the soup cool and store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days. Keep the zucchini separate until ready to serve.
To freeze the soup, let it cool completely and then fill an airtight container 3/4 of the way full (it will need room to expand as it freezes). Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, let thaw in the fridge and heat on the stove top.
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 4 Carrots cut into rounds
- 3 Celery Stalks diced
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 lbs Chicken Breast
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon halved; seeds removed
- 2 Small Zucchini spiralized; or one large
- Put Instant Pot to 'saute' mode and add in the oilOnce hot, add in the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes and then hit 'off' button
- Add remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot except the lemon and zucchini Place the lid on and seal the steam valve. Turn to 'pressure cook or manual' mode and set time to 15 minutes
- While the soup is cooking, make your zucchini noodles using the spiralizer and place them into the bottom of the serving bowls
- When timer goes off, release the steam per Instant Pot instructions and take off the lidRemove the bay leaves, rosemary and thyme stems and discardShred the chicken using two forks and stir back into the soupSqueeze the juice of half the lemon into the soupLadle chicken soup over the zoodles in each bowl and serve with lemon wedges on the side