These Grilled Italian Marinated Chicken Thighs are so juicy and flavorful while having perfectly crispy skin on the outside. This is a recipe that the whole family will love, my kids devour this chicken. Serve it with your favorite side for a delicious and healthy family-friendly meal.
I use my Easy and Healthy Homemade Italian Dressing as the marinade for these chicken thighs. It adds so much incredible flavor and the acid helps keep the chicken so tender. I use bone-in chicken thighs that I get from ButcherBox, but you can also use boneless (the cooking time will be less).
Do I Use a Gas or Charcoal Grill?
You can use either one! I love the consistency of the gas grill but the added flavor from a charcoal grill is also fantastic. I personally use a gas grill because it is so easy to preheat and the heat is more even. You can use what you feel the most comfortable with.
How Do I Know When My Chicken is Done?
The best advice that I can give is to get an instant read meat thermometer. There are many affordable options and it is the most effective way to know your meat is cooked to the correct temperature. The internal temperature of chicken should be 165’F.
It can be hard to tell just by looking at the meat, because chicken thighs are dark meat and will look differently than grilled chicken breast, especially the meat close to the bone.
How Long to Marinate:
I recommend marinating at least 30 minutes but truthfully, you get the best flavor when it is marinated overnight.
Make the Recipe WW Friendly:
Many of you know that I am following the WW Blue Plan, so I personally remove the skin and these are 5 SmartPoints per serving. You can start with bone-in skinless thighs as well.
You Might Also Like:
- Healthy Lemony Kale & Arugula Salad
- Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus
- Easy Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes
- Thyme Roasted Radishes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Grilled Italian Marinated Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup Homemade Italian Dressing
- 3 lbs Chicken Thighs bone-in; skin on
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the chicken thighs in a dish, cover with the dressing and place cling wrap over the top Let marinade at least 30 minutes in the fridge (up to overnight)
- When ready to grill, let the chicken come to room temperature and pat dry with a paper towel. Season both sides with salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to 400'F Place the chicken skin side down on the grill over direct heat for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 minutes (the lid should be closed throughout this whole process)Move to indirect heat and cook an additional 5-10 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165'F Cooking times will vary depending on the size of the chicken thighs
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!