This Healthy Lemony Kale and Arugula Salad is so easy to make but loaded with flavor and texture. It is a great recipe to have on hand when you want the perfect side dish for any protein.
This salad is a go-to for me when I need something quick and delicious. The flavors go well with just about any protein. I make the dressing right in the bottom of a large bowl and then toss the greens in it. It makes for super easy cleanup at the end of the night!
The toasted pine nuts give a really lovely texture and buttery flavor to the salad. It is super easy to toast them too. Just heat a skillet over low heat and add the pine nuts straight into the pan (no oil is needed). The natural oils from the pine nuts will release and help them toast. Just keep and eye on them and stir around occasionally until they are a beautiful golden color, then remove from pan. It takes about 5 minutes in total.
Proteins to Serve with Lemony Kale and Arugula Salad:
- Italian Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs
- The Best Ever Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Greek Marinated Chicken
- Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Healthy Greek Chicken Salad
- Healthy Southwestern Coleslaw
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Healthy Lemony Kale and Arugula Salad
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbls Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 cups Baby Kale
- 2 cups Arugula
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- ¼ cup Pine Nuts
- ¼ cup Shaved Parmesan
- Heat a small skillet over low heat and add in the pine nuts. Stir around occasionally until pine nuts are golden brown (about 5 minutes total) and remove from pan
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk to combine Add the greens into the bowl and toss with the dressing
- Top the salad with toasted pine nuts and shaved parmesan before serving