This Easy and Healthy Homemade Italian Dressing is the perfect way to add flavor to your salads. It can also be used as a delicious marinade for chicken. It is truly as simple as adding the ingredients to the jar and shaking it up! You will love having this recipe on hand for quick and healthy meals at home.
I love to make my own dressing and spice mixes. They are so easy and affordable, but more importantly, you can control what goes into them. You most likely already have the ingredients you need for this Italian dressing in your fridge and panty anyway!
My favorite thing about this recipe is how easy it is to make. I add all of the ingredients for the Italian dressing to a glass mason jar, put the lid on tight and shake it to combine. It is so so easy. Of course you can whisk it in a bowl as well, but this way you can just store it straight in the fridge and shake it up when you need it. And I am all about less dishes!
Ways to use the Italian Dressing:
- There is the obvious answer – Salad. I love to mix it with my favorite leafy greens for an easy and healthy meal
- This is the dressing used in my Gluten Free Italian Pasta Salad – one of my all time favorite recipes
- And I love, love, love using it as a marinade for chicken! Like my Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs
Customize Your Italian Dressing:
- To make this dressing Whole30 and Low Carb, you can absolutely omit the honey. I like to add it in to help balance out the acidity but it is just as delicious without it
- I prefer to use red wine vinegar for this recipe, but you can also use white wine vinegar. I have tried both and truly, there isn’t much difference
You Might Also Like:
- Whole30 + Keto Spicy Garlic Aioli
- Spinach, Arugula & Walnut Pesto
- Healthy Greek Tzatziki Sauce
- Greek Marinated Chicken
- 5 Easy Whole30 Chicken Marinades
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy and Healthy Homemade Italian Dressing
- 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbls Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbls Honey optional*
- Add all of the ingedients to a glass mason jar with a tight lid and shake to fully combine Use right away or store in the fridge (with lid) for up to two weeksShake before using (separation is normal)