This Spinach, Arugula & Walnut Pesto is so simple to make but absolutely packed with flavor. It is the perfect light sauce to put on everything. Enjoy it on pizza, pasta, salad or slathered on your favorite protein. This pesto adds so much flavor to any meal, you are going to love it.
What You Need
- Spinach – for that beautiful green color and boost of nutrition
- Arugula – I love this green for its delightful peppery bite, so flavorful!
- Walnuts – they get lightly toasted for even more nuttiness
- Lemon – zest & juice
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
This is not traditional pesto, but it is such a fun and flavorful take on the traditional. It is dairy free and even Paleo/Whole30 compliant. It is a versatile sauce that can be used in so many different ways. The best part is that it is super easy to make! I love to make a double batch and freeze half for future use. I use these silicone molds to store it in individual portion sizes. Just pop a cube or two out when you need it for a meal!
Ways to Enjoy Your Pesto
You Might Also Like
- Whole30 + Keto Spicy Garlic Aioli
- Greek Tzatziki Sauce
- Sweet & Tangy Paleo BBQ Sauce
- Paleo Fry Sauce
- Easy Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Spinach, Arugula & Walnut Pesto
- Food Processor
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 cup Arugula
- 1/2 cup Walnuts raw & unsalted
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 2 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Add the walnuts to a dry saute pan and bring heat to a medium/low. Watch them and move them around in the pan for a few minutes until just lightly toasted.
- Add the nuts to the food processor. Then zest the lemon and add the zest along with the juice into the processor. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse to combine and then switch to high speed, stopping to scrape the sides down with a rubber spatula. Continue until full combined and a sauce is formed. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Use right away or store in a glass container in the fridge. Can last up to 5 days in the fridge