Healthy Crispy Chicken Cutlets
Chicken | Courses | Dairy Free | Entrees | Gluten Free | Low Carb | Recipes | Whole30
These Healthy Crispy Chicken Cutlets are both easy and delicious. This family friendly meal will quickly become a weeknight staple in your home. With crispy flavorful breading and tender chicken, you can’t go wrong!
Originally posted: 10/2019; updated 1/2022
I am always looking for easy, yummy meals that my whole family will love. These crispy chicken cutlets are a huge hit in my household and they are super versatile. I love to serve them with a side salad, in a sandwich or even turn them into chicken parmesan! This is a great recipe to have on hand for when you need something on the table in a hurry.
- Thin Chicken – you want to pound the chicken breast into a thin cutlet. This way you can get a crispy coating while keeping the chicken nice and juicy
- Breading – you want your breading to be crispy, flavorful and most importantly – you want it to stick! My 3 plate dredging station makes all of this possible – instructions in the recipe card
- PS my secret ingredient is pork rinds! Use it to make gluten free panko breadcrumb and it works beautifully
- Cook Time – because you pound the chicken so thin, it only takes 3-5 minutes per side to cook for juicy chicken (165’F internal temp) you don’t want to overcook it
You Might Also Like:
- Healthy Lemony Kale & Arugula Salad
- Polish Pork Cutlets
- Whole30 Salisbury Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- The Best Ever Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
*photography by Loren Runion of SweetRusticBakes.com
Healthy Crispy Chicken Cutlets
These Healthy Crispy Chicken Cutlets are both easy and delicious. This family friendly meal will quickly become a weeknight staple in your home.
- 4 Chicken Breasts pounded thin
- 2 cups Ground Pork Rinds*
- 1 tsp Salt divided
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/4 tsp Dried Parsley
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound the chicken super thin*Then make your breading station with 3 platesThe tapioca flour with 1/2 tsp of the salt is on the first plateThe whisked eggs are on the second plate or bowl The ground pork rinds mixed with the remaining 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper, dried rosemary, dried oregano and dried parsley is on the last plate
- Take the chicken and coat with the tapioca flour and shake offThen dip in the eggAnd lastly, coat it with the seasoned ground pork rinds (set aside)
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the chicken for 3-5 minutes each sideShould be cooked through with a nice golden crust (internal temp 165'F)
*if you don’t have a meat tenderizer, you can place the chicken between sheets of parchment and pound it thin with a rolling pin *add pork rinds to a food processor and grind to a fine crumb
Calories: 469kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 61gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 281mgSodium: 1148mgPotassium: 890mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 259IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 40mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @thebetteredblondie
I made this tonight, but with almond flour because we didn’t have the pork panko. It was so good. Ah-mazing. My husband and I are on day 9 of Whole30, and we were almost laughing it was so good. Thank you!
You just made my day Sarah, I am so happy that you and your husband enjoyed it!
I pinned this and can’t wait to try it! I think my kids will love it 🙂
I hope you guys love it!