This gluten free chicken noodle soup has all of those comforting and delicious flavors that you love. It is proof that with a few simple ingredients, you can make something spectacular. Flavorful broth, aromatic vegetables, tender chicken and comforting noodles to bring it all together. You will love having this recipe in your back pocket.
What You Need:
- Broth - I use chicken bone broth for the best boost of flavor and nutrients. I get mine from Kettle & Fire. Use code: THEBETTEREDBLONDIE at checkout for 20% off
- Shredded Chicken - I use my baked chicken thighs or leftover roast chicken for this soup. You get so much flavor this way. You can use also use a store-bought rotisserie chicken as a short cut.
- Vegetables - carrots, onion, celery and garlic are the base of this soup
- Gluten Free Noodles - my all-time favorite gluten free noodles to use (the ones pictured) are from Jovial. We love the egg tagliatelle for a more traditional version. I recommend sticking to a brown rice pasta and not a lentil or chickpea based noodle. Those tend to fall apart quickly in the broth.
- Herbs - we love to add fresh dill to our chicken noodle soup, but you can use your favorite. Fresh parsley and thyme are also great options.
I've been making this soup for my family for many years, and they love it every time I serve it. Chicken noodle soup truly has the ability to warm you straight to your soul. When we learned that my daughter had to be gluten free, it was so important to me to still be able to make her favorite dishes. This recipe is one we go back to, time and time again.
You Might Also Like:
- Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Italian White Bean Soup
- Healthy Beef and Vegetable Soup
- Sausage, Kale and Potato Soup
- Healthy Kielbasa and Cabbage Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Stew
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Gluten Free Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 Tbls Ghee or olive oil
- 4 Carrots peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 6-8 cups Chicken Broth
- 9 oz Gluten Free Egg Tagliatelle broken into smaller pieces, or preferred GF noodles
- 2 Tbls Fresh Dill or parsley, chopped
- Heat the ghee (or oil) in a dutch oven (or soup pot) over medium/low heat on the stovetop
- Add in the carrots, onion and celery. Saute for 5 minutes (stirring occasionally) so the veggies can start to soften (we don't need them to brown for this recipe)Add in the garlic, salt and pepper and saute another minute, the garlic will become fragrant
- Pour the broth over the vegetables and turn heat to medium/highLet come to a gentle boilAdd the noodles in and cook according to the package (stir gently, if needed, to keep the noodles from sticking together)Just before the noodles are finished cooking, stir in the shredded chicken to warm through
- Remove from heat and season to taste Garnish with fresh dill or parsley and enjoy!