It is mind blowing how quick and easy it is to make this raspberry chia seed jam! It only calls for 4 ingredients and takes ten minutes on the stove top. The flavor is the perfect combo of sweet and tangy and you will want to put it on everything.
- Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Chia Seeds
- Maple Syrup
You can use fresh or frozen raspberries, but I almost always use frozen. It is just so easy to grab a bag of organic frozen berries to have on hand for this recipe. I used maple syrup as the sweetener, but you could also use honey or agave. The berries, maple syrup and water get simmered on the stove until the raspberries break down and it is all well combined. The chia seeds get added in once it has been removed from the heat and cooled down a little bit. Once the chia seeds sit in the mixture for a little bit, they begin to ‘bloom’ and it creates that perfect jam-like texture.
Ways to enjoy this raspberry chia seed jam:
- On gluten free toast with almond butter
- With my Almond Butter & Jam Overnight Oats
- As a topping for oatmeal
- On a classic PB&J
- Served with scones and butter (or ghee)
- Or my personal favorite, eat it right out of the jar!
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy Raspberry Chia Seed Jam
- 2 cups Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbls Chia Seeds
- Add the raspberries, water and maple syrup to a medium sauce pan and heat over medium/low. Stir occasionally until the raspberries begin to break down and it turns to a syrup like consistency. Remove from heat
- Add the mixture to a glass heat proof bowl to cool. Once it has cooled slightly, add in the chia seeds and stir to combine. Let cool until it sets into a jam-like consistencyStore in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week