I created this sauce for my daughter. She loves BBQ drumsticks and I wanted to make a sauce that she loved but that I felt good about giving her. It took me a while to get it just right, but I finally got it! This has a perfect balance between sweet and tangy and the whole family loves it.
We love using this Paleo BBQ sauce on everything! It pairs really well with lots of different proteins and it will get my picky toddler to eat almost anything. I like to store mine in little glass mason jars, although it never lasts long! I also linked dates on Amazon, but my favorite place to buy them is at Sam’s Club. You can buy a big tub of them for a great price. We use dates in smoothies, sauces and just as a sweet snack!
Used in This Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Paleo Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 8 Dates pitted
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 3 Tbls Dijon Mustard
- 1.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbls Chili Powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour over the pitted dates in a bowl. Let soak for about 5 minutes
- Put the soaked dates into a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Reserve the date water to add to the mixture if it needs to be thinned out
- Cook the sauce in a small saucepan over low heat to combine the flavors for 5 minutes
- Can use right away in a recipe of choice or let cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week