These Pumpkin Spiced Donuts have the perfect blend of warm fall spices and sweet sugary goodness. The best part is that they are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. All you need is some pumpkin spiced coffee and a cozy blanket to go with them.
*Originally posted 09/2019; updated 09/2020
What You Need:
- Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour - I like to use Bob's Red Mill or King Arthur
- Pumpkin Puree - this is pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking Soda
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
Let's Make Donuts!
- The first step is to pre-heat your oven and spray your donut pan - I prefer to use avocado oil spray, but you can use what you have on hand
- Next, we make the batter! The dry ingredients get mixed together in a small bowl and the wet ingredients get mixed together in a large bowl. Then they get folded together until fully combined
- Now we pipe the batter into the donut pan. You can use an actual piping bag for this or add all of your batter into a gallon sized bag and cut the bottom corner to make your own piping bag (this is what I do)
- They bake for 12-14 minutes in the oven or until a toothpick comes out clean. I then let them cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan
- For an extra kick of flavor, I like to toss the still warm donuts in a mix of cinnamon and sugar
Donuts are best when enjoyed the day they are baked, but these will last in an airtight container (on the counter) for up to 3 days. But if they last 3 days in your house, your family has much better self-control than mine lol!
You Might Also Like:
- Paleo Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
- Whole30 Pumpkin Spiced Coffee
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Scones with Maple Icing
- Gluten Free Apple & Pear Crisp
- The Best Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge
- Pumpkin Spice Cashew Butter
- Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
This post is in collaboration with my friend, Laura from the blog, Our Oily House. She shares healthy recipes and tons of different ways to use essential oils. She is so creative and I am excited to introduce her to all of you. After making my Pumpkin Spiced Donuts, you are going to want to head straight to her blog to try her Pumpkin Granola!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spiced Donuts
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ½ cup Sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 Tbls Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350' and spray the donut pan with coconut or avocado oil spray
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine
- In a separate bowl, add in the eggs, almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree and melted coconut oilWhisk until fully combined and fold into the dry mixture with a rubber spatula
- Use piping bag* to fill donut pan with batter evenly
- Once all the cavities of the donut pan are filled, place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes (toothpick should come out clean)
- Let the donuts cool for 10 minutes before removing from the panMake cinnamon sugar mixture (if using)Once donuts are cooled, dunk them in the cinnamon sugar mixture one at a time
- Donuts are the best if enjoyed that day, but they last up to 2-3 days in an airtight container on the counter