These tacos are loaded with creamy slaw, spiced shrimp and sweet & spicy pineapple salsa. It is a killer combination that you will love! They are super easy to put together and are perfect for taco Tuesdays.
I make things super easy on myself and use my homemade Taco Seasoning to spice up the shrimp. I always have a batch on hand to make easy meals like this. I use a hearty amount to really give these tacos a boost of flavor.
I can’t have any sort of fish or seafood taco without a cabbage slaw, it is how I always grew up eating them. The slaw for these tacos is super easy and goes perfectly with the spiced shrimp. I thinly slice a small head of green cabbage and toss it with a dressing made with sour cream (we use lactose free), lime juice, pineapple juice and cilantro. It is so yummy!
You can use whatever taco shells you prefer. Corn would be a great option for these. My favorite though is Siete grain free tortillas. They are Paleo and gluten free but have such great flavor and texture. I actually get mine in the freezer section of my local Walmart.
- 1 can pineapple – I use some of the juice in the slaw!
- 2 Tbls cilantro
- 1 jalapeno – seeded & diced
- 2 Tbls red onion -diced
- A squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt
The salsa is such a perfect combination of sweet & spicy! I love it with these tacos or any tacos for that matter. So yummy.
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Mango Salsa
- Pico de Gallo – The Best Fresh Salsa
- Whole30 + Keto Easy Taco Bake
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
- Easy Whole30 Taco Bowls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Shrimp Tacos with Slaw & Pineapple Salsa
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Raw Shrimp large, peeled, deveined
- 2 tbls Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne optional*
- 8 Tortillas we use gluten free
- 1 Green Cabbage small; cored & shredded
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream I used lactose free
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
- 2 Limes juiced
- 2 Tbls Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 14 oz can of Pineapple cubed or crusehed
- 1 Jalapeno seeded & diced
- 2 Tbls Cilantro chopped
- 2 Tbls Red Onion diced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel and add to a bowlToss with the seasoning and 1 Tbls of the oil and let sit while you prep the rest of the ingredients
- Drain the pineapple making sure to reserve 2 Tbls of the juice for the slaw and add it to a bowl Add in the remaining ingredients for the salsa and toss to combine. Let chill in the fridge while you cook the shrimp
- In a large bowl, add the sour cream, lime juice, pineapple juice, and salt. Whisk to combine Add in the shredded cabbage and cilantro and toss in the sauce until the cabbage is fully coated Let chill in the fridge while you continue to prep
- Heat a large skillet over medium with the remaining 1 Tbls of oil Add in the shrimp in an even layer and cook for 3 minutes then flip and cook an additional 2 minutes (shrimp should be pink and start to curl into a C)
- Assemble the tacos with the slaw on the bottom, then shrimp and then pineapple salsa on top