If I am going to prep meals ahead of time, I refuse to have boring flavors. Food can be healthy and delicious. These sweet & spicy chicken meatballs are easy to prep and will make you look forward to your lunches all week!
The prep is easy for this recipe because both the meatballs and the broccoli bake in the oven at the same time. To make the meatballs, I combine the ground chicken with the seasonings and then I use a small ice cream scoop to scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet. Once it is all scooped out, I roll them into balls and pop it in the oven. Easy Peasy.
The broccoli florets get sprayed with avocado oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Then you place them in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast them in the oven. Roasting the broccoli adds so much flavor and texture.
I make the sauce on the stove top while the meatballs and broccoli are baking and it comes together in no time at all. I let it simmer a little bit to thicken it up and then stir in some tapioca starch at the end to created that beautiful sweet, spicy and sticky glaze. Once the meatballs are cooked, they get tossed in the sauce for meal prep perfection!
I added in some cooked cauliflower rice, but you can use whatever grain or starch you prefer. White/brown rice or quinoa would also be great options. It’s nice to have something to soak up all that lovely sauce.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatball Meal Prep Bowls
- 1.5 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets
- 1/5 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375'F
- Combine all the ingredients for the chicken meatballs into a large bowl and mix together with your handsUse small ice cream scopp to scoop the mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheetRoll into balls with your hands and place in the oven, bake for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked through
- Spread the broccoli florets in an even layer on a lined baking sheetSpray or drizzle with avocado oil (or olive oil) sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15-20 minutes with the meatballsToss halfway through
Sweet & Spicy Sauce
- Add the coconut aminos, honey, minced garlic, sriracha and salt into a large glass measuring cup and whisk to combinePour into a large skillet over medium heat and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Mix the tapioca starch with 1 Tbls of room temp water and pour into the sauce. Let simmer and it will thicken pretty quickly then remove from heatStir the cooked meatballs into the sauce
- To make the bowls add 1/2 cup of cooked cauliflower rice or grain of choice into each container, then add broccoli and top with meatballs and sauce. There should be abut 3-4 meatballs for each bowl depending on the size.