These Healthy Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs are so tender and juicy and covered in the most flavorful asian inspired sauce. This is a family favorite in our house. We love them served over cauliflower rice with a side of fresh green veggies. I hope you love them as much as we do.
These sweet and spicy chicken meatballs are always a hit in my house. The sauce is truly what makes this dish so amazing. You just can beat that sweet and spicy combo. I love these meatballs because they are a crowd pleaser and are also great for meal prep. You can even use them as an appetizer for a party, just put them on a platter with some toothpicks!
What You Need:
- Ground Chicken – you can also use ground turkey, but get one with a little higher fat content
- Garlic Powder
- Ground Ginger
- Pepper Flakes
- Coconut Aminos – this is a soy sauce alternative
- Tapioca Starch – this is a gluten free thickener
- Green Onions
- Sesame Seeds
How to Serve It:
You can enjoy these meatballs alongside almost any green veggie for a delicious and healthy meal. I love to sauté snow peas in oil and garlic (as pictured above). We also love to enjoy these meatballs over some rice or cauliflower rice to soak up all that delicious sauce!
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Baked Italian Meatballs
- Spicy Pineapple Chicken
- Instant Pot Pad Thai
- Spicy Pork Lettuce Cups
- Whole30 Asian Sheet Pan Salmon Meal
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Healthy Sweet and Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- 2 lbs Ground Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- Pre-heat the oven to 375' and line a baking sheet with parchment paper Add the ground chicken to a large mixing bowl and season with salt, ground ginger, garlic powder and pepper flakes. Use hands to mix together and fully combineThen scoop out with a cookie dough scoop and roll in hands. Line on the baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until completely baked through and remove from the oven
- Mix the coconut aminos, honey, garlic, salt and sriracha and combine with a whisk. Add to a sauté pan and bring to a boil, then reduce to simmerLet simmer for 3 minutes, then make the slurry with tapioca starch (mix 1 Tbls tapioca starch with 1 Tbls of water)Add the slurry into the pan and stir, the sauce will thicken fairly quickly. Once it thickens, turn off the heat and stir in the meatballs, completely coating themTop with sliced green onions and sesame seeds and serve!