These Baked Italian Meatballs are tender, flavorful and easy to make. This family friendly recipe is perfect for any night of the week. You can even make a double batch so you can have some in the freezer for when you need a quick and delicious meal. These Keto, Paleo and Whole30 friendly Italian Meatballs are sure to be a staple in your home!
*Originally posted 08/2019; updated 06/2020
I make these meatballs on a regular basis. They don't require a lot of effort and I can get other things ready while they are baking away in the oven. My kids love them and they are made with ingredients that I feel good about.
The base for these baked Italian meatballs is ground beef and pork. I always have ground beef in my freezer from ButcherBox and I get ground pork from my local grocery store. The grass fed ground beef from ButcherBox is so flavorful and fresh and the pork adds fat to help keep the meatballs tender.
You will notice that I don't add any eggs or breadcrumbs. You don't need them! We are making meatballs here, not meatloaf. Adding those in can make your meatballs super dense and heavy. These baked Italian meatballs are tender and light. You can get more of the flavor from the meat and seasonings this way too.
You Might Also Like:
- Healthy Beef & Cheese Enchiladas
- Healthy Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Keto + Whole30 Taco Bake
- Healthy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy Baked Italian Meatballs
- 1 lb Pork ground
- 1 lb Beef ground
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbls Italian seasoning
- ½ Tbls Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Combine all the ingredients (except sauce and parsley) in a large bowl and mix well
- Use cookie dough scoop or spoon to scoop mixture into your hand. Roll into about 18-24 meatballs
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and cover with marinara sauce and bake for another 20 minutes or until completely cooked throughTop with fresh parsley
- Let cool slightly and serve over zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or gluten free pasta