Meatballs and sauce are a staple in our home, we eat them (almost) weekly. I have tried many different methods of cooking them and this is the one that comes out perfectly every time. They have so much flavor, this is a recipe the whole family will love!
*Originally posted 08/2019; updated 06/2020
These Italian meatballs come together so easily. I put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, combine well and scoop it out into balls. Then they get baked in the oven for a much easier cooking method. I hate cooking meatballs on the stove top, it takes forever to cook them and it can be a nightmare to cleanup afterwards.
You can use homemade marinara sauce or buy your favorite sugar free and Whole30 compliant store-bought version. I serve them over zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash to keep the meal Whole30 or enjoy with our favorite gluten free pasta when we are not doing a round.
See how I make my spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot HERE. It is so easy and so much faster!
Used in this Recipe:
More Recipes You Will Love:
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Turkey Bolognese
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Save to Pinterest![/caption]
Easy Baked Italian Meatballs
- 1 lb Pork ground
- 1 lb Beef ground
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbls Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbls Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 cups Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Combine all the ingredients (except sauce and parsley) in a large bowl and mix well
- Use medium ice cream scoop or spoon to scoop mixture into your hand. Roll into about 18-24 meatballs
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven and cover with marinara sauce and bake for another 20 minutes or until completely cooked throughTop with fresh parsley
- Let cool slightly and serve over zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash or gluten free pasta