Low Carb Turkey Taco Salad with Chipotle Lime Ranch
This Turkey Taco Salad is so easy to put together but has so much flavor and texture. It is a recipe that I reach for often during the busy weeknights. This salad is healthy and low carb but it feels like a treat. The chipotle lime ranch is the perfect dressing, but you only need a few ingredients to make it.
I used ground turkey for this recipe, it is a good lean option that still tastes delicious. But one of the great things about this dish, is that you can customize it to your liking. Ground beef, bison, and chicken are all great options! I get all of my meat from ButcherBox, it is the best quality and it gets delivered right to my front door. You can read my Honest ButcherBox Review to learn more about why I love it so much.
I use my Homemade Taco Seasoning for this recipe, I almost always have a batch on hand. If I don’t have it made and I need something quick, my favorite brand is Siete. The meat mixture is super simple to make, it is ground turkey, taco seasoning, tomato paste and a little water. It comes together quickly and has so much flavor!
The chipotle lime ranch is what really brings this taco salad together. It only takes three ingredients to make this delicious dressing! Ranch is the base of this dressing. I love Primal Kitchen, but you can use your favorite brand. The chipotles in adobo add both flavor and spice, and the lime zest gives it that perfect citrus kick. Note – if you don’t want the heat from the chipotle, use your favorite mild salsa instead.
Let’s Bring This Taco Salad Together:
Romaine is the base (or your favorite lettuce) along with the seasoned ground turkey then it is time to top it! Here are my suggestions…
- Red Onion
- Shredded Cheese
- Quest Chips – these are high protein/low carb chips that add the BEST crunch to this salad. I love to use the taco flavor
- Chipotle Lime Ranch
You Might Also Like:
- Gluten Free Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Pork Carnitas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Low Carb Turkey Salad with Chipotle Lime Ranch
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 4 cups Chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 cup Ranch
- 2 Tbls Chipotles in Adobo finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lime Zest
- 1.3 oz Taco Seasoning about 2.5 Tbls
- 3 Tbls Tomato Paste
- 3 Tbls Water
- 1/4 cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/4 cup Red Onion diced
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 1 Tomato diced
- 2 Tbls Cilantro chopped
- Low Carb Chips I use Quest
- Add the ranch, chipotles in adobo and lime zest to a small bowl and mix to combine. Cover and set in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet over medium/high heat and add in the ground turkey. Season with the taco seasoning and tomato paste, stir and let cook until mostly done (about 5-7 minutes)Add in the water, stir and let finish cooking. About 5-7 more minutesRemove from the heat and set aside
- Chop the romaine lettuce into bite sizes pieces and top with the cooked ground turkey mixtureAdd the remaining toppings and drizzle on the dressingEnjoy!