This Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole is packed with the flavors you love in a jalapeño popper but it is low carb! It is creamy, decadent and oh so delicious. This is the perfect dish to make when you need some comfort food in your life.
This casserole is so easy to make and it honestly tastes unreal. It has cauliflower rice mixed in it, but it the end result tastes more like potatoes. It is a hug on a plate (as casserole should be) and it feels like a true treat. I make this recipe when I am in need of a comforting meal that is still low in carbs. Serve it with a side salad to add a bit of freshness to the plate.
What You Need:
- Shredded Chicken – I keep things easy and use a rotisserie chicken
- Fresh and Pickled Jalapeños – you need both for that boost of jalapeño popper flavor
- Bacon – I use my favorite bacon from ButcherBox
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cauliflower Rice – trust me, it doesn’t taste like cauliflower when the casserole is complete
- Red Onion
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder
This recipe gets started on the stove top to help build flavor and to also cook some of the liquid out of the cauliflower rice. This is an important step because you don’t want the cauliflower rice to make your casserole soggy. Cooking it on the stovetop helps release the extra moisture.
You also cook the onion, garlic and fresh jalapeño in the leftover fat from the bacon to knock the flavors out of this world. Every step of the recipe builds flavor. The end result is so worth it!
You Might Also Like:
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Turkey Taco Salad with Chipotle Lime Ranch
- Air Fryer Steak with Garlic Herb Butter
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Low Carb Shrimp and Sausage Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Low Carb Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1/2 cup Red Onion diced
- 1 Fresh Jalapeño diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 cups Riced Cauliflower frozen
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 1/2 cups Shredded Chicken
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tbls Pickled Jalapeno diced
- Preheat the oven to 375' F
- Cook the bacon in a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium/high heat until completely cooked through – remove from pan and set aside. Crumble the bacon when cool enough to handle
- Turn the heat medium and remove all but 2 Tbls of the bacon fat from the pan Add in the red onion, jalapeño and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes, stirring to keep the garlic from burningAdd the frozen riced cauliflower to the pan and let it cook (stirring occasionally) for 5 minutes – season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder, cook another 2-3 minutes to let any remaining liquid evaporate Turn off the heat and set the pan aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded chicken, cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, the cauliflower rice mixture, crumbled bacon and pickled jalapeños. Stir to combine and pour into your casserole dish
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the casserole is completely heated through You can turn on the broiler at the end to crisp up the cheese if desired, be careful not to burn it
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!Feel free to top with more bacon, onion and jalapeños