This Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice has been a staple in our home for years. It is delicious, low carb and comes together so quickly. Since having weight loss surgery, I have made this meal almost weekly. It has such amazing flavor and I don’t feel like I am missing out on anything.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- It’s so easy to make and so fast, a perfect meal for any night of the week.
- This shrimp fried cauliflower rice is absolutely delicious and much lower carb than traditional takeout fried rice.
- You can easily customize it to your preferences – try chicken or use different veggies!
What You Need:
- Shrimp – I get mine from ButcherBox
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- Frozen Mixed Veggies – I used a mix of green peas, corn, carrots and green beans
- Soy Sauce (use Tamari or Coconut Aminos to keep it gluten free)
- Sesame Oil
- Green Onion
- Salt, Pepper & Garlic Powder
One of the key tips for this recipe is to cook the excess liquid out of the cauliflower rice. When done right, it can be light and fluffy instead of soggy.
It is also important not to overlook the shrimp. Shrimp get rubbery when cooked for too long. They truly only take a few minutes a side and they are perfectly tender and juicy!
If you want to use chicken instead, I recommend cubing chicken thighs and cooking them in place of the shrimp. It will take a little longer, make sure they are cooked to an internal temperature of 165’F.
You Might Also Like:
- Instant Pot Pad Thai
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Healthy Sweet & Spicy Chicken Meatballs
- Spicy Pork Lettuce Cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled, deveined, tail off
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 24 oz Bag Frozen Cauliflower Rice 2 12oz bags
- 12 oz Bag Frozen Mixed Veggies
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves Fresh Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Fresh Ginger minced
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbls Green Onions chopped
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet (I use non-stick) over medium/high heatCook the shrimp for 2 minutes per side and remove from skillet and set aside
- Reduce heat to medium and add in the sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute
- Add in the frozen cauliflower rice and let cook until any excess liquid has evaporated (about 5 minutes) stir occasionally Then stir in the frozen vegetables, cook an additional 2-3 minutes
- Make a well in the middle of the pan and crack the eggs into it, scramble them until cooked through. Stir the dish together and add in the soy sauce and cooked shrimpHeat for another 1-2 minutes
- Remove from heat and top with green onions Serve up and enjoy!