This Whole30 steak breakfast hash is loaded with bites of tender steak, seasoned potatoes and sautéed onions and peppers. It is like having your favorite diner breakfast at home. Top it with a runny egg for absolute perfection!
I recently started ordering my meat from Butcher Box (not sponsored) and I make sure to order the sirloin beef tips every single time. They are so tender and full of flavor! I love steak and eggs for breakfast, so I came up with a simple hash using these beef tips that is easy to make but packed with flavor.
The sautéed onions and peppers add so much flavor and a hint of sweetness. I love them combined with the steak and potatoes. The seasoning also has a hint of spice which goes nicely with the rest of the ingredients. If you wanted to keep this low carb, you sub cauliflower florets for the potatoes.
- Garlic Powder
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Whole30 Steak Breakfast Hash
- 2 Tbls Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Steak Tips or stew beef
- 1 Russet Potato peeled & diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper seeded & diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper seeded & diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion peeled & diced
- 4 Eggs
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- Add the ingredients for the spice mixture in a small bowl
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium/high heatToss the steak tips with half the spice mixture and add to the hot pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes, getting a nice even brown on the meat (should be mostly cooked through)Then remove from pan & set aside
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add a little more oil if needed, then add in the onions, peppers and potatoes to the pan with the reamaining spice mixture Cook until potatoes are fork tender (stir ocassionally to prevent burning)
- Add the steak tips back in and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes to combine all the flavors
- Top with fried eggs cooked to desired consistency ( I like mine runny)*