Breakfast always seems to be the most difficult meal to make something healthy. It is just easier to grab a protein bar or one of the kids waffles on the way out the door. But I always feel hungry 20 minutes later when I do that. These meal prep breakfast bowls are one of my favorite ways to prep a healthy breakfast ahead of time. They are easy and full of flavor, and most importantly, they give you the nourishment and energy you need to start your day.
*originally published 3/2018, updated 11/2019
If you haven’t made your hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, you are missing out! It takes no time at all, they cook perfectly and they are so easy to peel! I like using hardboiled eggs for this meal prep breakfast bowl because they hold up well when re-heated. You could also do scrambled eggs.
Variations for the meal prep breakfast bowls:
- Hard Boiled Eggs, Scrambled Eggs, Fried Eggs
- Fresh or Sautéed Spinach (or kale, collards, swiss chard)
- Chorizo Meatballs or Sage & Apple Meatballs (or kielbasa)
- Sweet Potatoes (different spice mixtures), white potatoes, or even Roasted Cauliflower to keep it Low Carb
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Meal Prep Breakfast Bowls
- Toss the peeled & cubed potatoes in the oil and spices and lay out in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400' for 15-20 minutes, tossing once halfway through
- Use a small scoop to make 12 meatballs out of the chorizo. Roll into balls with hands and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at the same time as the potaotes for 20 minutes or until completely cooked through
- Once all the components are cooled, put the spinach in the base of the container and place the egg halves on top of itThen add in the roasted sweet potatoes and chorizo meatballs in the container. Let cool completely before storing in the fridge