These Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs cook so quickly and are super easy to peel. Use the 5-5-5 method to get perfect hard boiled eggs every time! Prep them on the weekend to have on hand for snacks and easy meals.
What You Need:
- Instant Pot
- Trivet (comes with IP)
Let’s Make Hard Boiled Eggs:
- First, place 1 cup of water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then put the metal trivet in
- Layer the eggs on the trivet, put the lid on, seal the steam valve and set to manual pressure for 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, let it slow release for 5 minutes
- Then do a quick release and place the eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes (bowl of ice water)
- Once they are cool, crack them on the counter and peel under cool running water
- You can store your un-peeled hard boiled eggs in a glass container for up to a week
- Peel your eggs ahead of time, but you will need to place them in a bowl and cover with cool water and store in the fridge
- Make as many eggs as you want, the cooking time will stay the same
How to Enjoy Your Eggs:
- Peeled with a sprinkle of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Topped with Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- In my Healthy Egg Salad – it is so yummy!
- In my Classic Potato Salad – also delish
- Chopped up in a salad – like my Classic Wedge Salad
- Deviled Eggs!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Place the water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then put in the metal trivet. Layer the eggs on top. Put on the lid and seal the steam valve. Set manual pressure to 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, let the steam slow release for 5 minutes, then quick release. Place the eggs in an ice bath. Once cool, crack and then peel under cool running water