I used to hate making hard boiled eggs because I would always find a way to screw them up. I can make beautiful meals, but couldn’t boil a freaking egg. The Instant Pot has been a total game changer for me. I will never boil an egg again.
Steps to make the perfect Instant Pot hard boiled eggs:
- First, I place 1 cup of water in the bottom of the IP then I put the metal trivet in
- I layer the eggs on the trivet, put the lid on, seal the steam valve and set to manual pressure for 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, I let it slow release for 5 minutes
- Then I do a quick release and place the eggs in an ice bath (bowl of ice water)
- Once they are cool, I crack them on the counter and peel under cool running water (IP eggs peel so easily)
We love to make a big batch to have on hand in the fridge for snacks, they keep for 5 days typically. I add HB eggs to my Classic Paleo Potato Salad or make a batch of Easy Keto Egg Salad for us to have for lunches.
Used in this Recipe:
You Might Also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Place the water in the bottom of the Instant Pot, then put in the metal trivet. Layer the eggs on top. Put on the lid and seal the steam valve. Set manual pressure to 5 minutes
- Once the timer goes off, let the steam slow release for 5 minutes, then quick release. Place the eggs in an ice bath. Once cool, crack and then peel under cool running water