This Easy and Healthy Lemon Garlic Shrimp is such a great recipe to have on hand. It is so flavorful and comes together quickly. Serve it with veggies to keep it lower carb, or with your favorite rice or pasta. This recipe is Whole30, Keto, Paleo and WW friendly too!
My daughter is obsessed with shrimp and would eat that whole pan if I let her haha. This lemon garlic shrimp is one of her favorite recipes so I am excited to share it with you here. I know that cooking shrimp can be intimidating, but I am sharing all my best tips to help you get that perfect tender bite!
What Kind of Shrimp Should I Use?
- I prefer to buy wild caught shrimp and most often I get it frozen (my favorite is the Argentine red shrimp from Sam’s Club)
- Look for peeled and deveined to make things easier on yourself. You can also get tail on or tail off
How to Thaw out Frozen Shrimp:
The best method is to thaw it in the fridge overnight. Put it in a dish just in case it leaks. If you forget to put it in the fridge the night before, let the bag sit in a bowl of cool water on the counter – changing out the water as needed.
One of the most important steps when you are using frozen shrimp, is to pat it dry with paper towel once it is thawed. This helps them cook properly in the pan instead of steaming.
How Long Do I Cook Shrimp?
It only takes 2-3 minutes per side! I know it sounds crazy, but shrimp cook so quickly and when you overcook it, it gets rubbery. The goal is to have a smooth buttery bite of shrimp.
You Might Also Like:
- Easy Air Fryer Asparagus
- Healthy Lemony Kale & Arugula Salad
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Grilled Corn
- Air Fryer Blackened Salmon
- Healthy Chipotle Shrimp Burrito Bowls
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Easy and Healthy Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb Shrimp raw, peeled & deveined
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 3 Tbls Lemon Juice
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbls Ghee
- 1 Tbls Fresh Parsley chopped
- Lay the shrimp out on a cutting board and use a paper towel to dry both sides of the shrimpSeason with salt, pepper and paprika
- Heat the ghee in a skillet over medium/high heatOnce the ghee is melted, add in the shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes on the first side and flip Once flipped, add in the galric and cook another 2 minutes then remove from heat (when cooked, shrimp will curl into a 'c' shape and turn a opaque pink color)
- Toss cooked shrimp with the lemon zest and lemon juiceTop with fresh parsley and enjoy!