This braised cabbage with kielbasa and bacon is such a flavorful meal that is perfect for any busy weeknight. It is made with simple ingredients, but loaded with packed with flavor and it comes together in less than 30 minutes! This family friendly recipe will quickly become a staple in your home.
Every step in this recipe is building layers of flavor. From the bacon, cabbage, kielbasa and insanely delicious braising liquid, you literally cannot go wrong with this meal. My husband loves it because it brings back memories from his childhood in Poland. It has very Polish flavors and we love it.
I love to use Pederson's Farms kielbasa and bacon when I am doing a round of Whole30. They both have so much flavor. If you are not doing a round, any smoked sausage and bacon will work.
More Recipes You Will Love:
Braised Cabbage with Kielbasa and Bacon
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fully cook bacon and remove from the pan
- Add in the sliced kielbasa and cook until just browned and caramelized (about 3-5 minutes) and remove from pan
- Discard all but 1 Tbls of the fat from the pan and add in the ghee and yellow onion. Turn heat to medium/low and cook the onions until tender and slightly caramelized (about 5-7 minutes)
- Add in the garlic, salt, pepper flakes and paprika and cook for another minute then add in the cabbage
- While the cabbage is starting to cook down, whisk the mustard, apple cider vinegar and broth together in a bowl
- Pour the mixture over the cabbage, turn heat to medium and cook another 10-15 minutes (or until cabbage is tender and liquid has reduced)
- Remove from heat and stir in the kielbasa, top with chopped bacon and green onions. Season with more salt if needed