These mashed sweet potatoes are a perfect side dish to any meal. The sweet and spicy combination is perfection. They also turned out to be a great way to meal prep. I stored them in an airtight container in the fridge and then reheated them throughout the week to add to meals.
I wanted these potatoes to be nice and creamy, so I used coconut milk. If you are not a fan of coconut milk, you could also use broth, unsweetened almond milk or a combination of the two. Sometimes I like doing ½ cup coconut milk and ½ cup chicken broth. The crushed red pepper flakes and smoked paprika bring such a great depth of flavor, but you can change it up too. You can keep it sweet with maple syrup (not Whole 30) and cinnamon, roasted garlic is great too or keep it straight forward with sea salt and ghee.
What I love about using the slow cooker is that you can put the ingredients in and forget about them while you work on the rest of the meal. Or like I said above, you can add it to your meal prep day so that you have a side dish for the week.
Crockpot Mashed Spiced Sweet Potatoes - Paleo & Whole 30
- 3 Sweet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbls Ghee
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Add the first four ingredients to the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 1hr - 90 minutes or until fork tender. Use potato masher or hand mixer to blend the potatoes until nice and creamy
- Season with more salt, ghee, smoked paprika, and pepper flakes. Stir to combine