These Healthy Beef and Cheese Enchiladas are a favorite in our home. While they are not traditional enchiladas, they are easy and delicious! The ultimate comfort food made healthier. You will want this low carb and WW friendly recipe on your menu for sure.
Eating healthier doesn’t mean that you have to avoid your favorite foods. You can still enjoy some of your favorite dishes just by making a few simple substitutions. In this recipe, we use low carb tortillas (which happen to have lots of fiber!), reduced fat cheese and good quality ground beef.
I also love to give a huge flavor boost by adding toppings like my Pico de Gallo! It is so fresh and really takes the taste to the next level. Making my own Taco Seasoning also helps me control what goes into this dish. Many store bought ones add unnecessary ingredients. I do love Primal Palate taco seasoning in a pinch though!
These healthy enchiladas are 7 WW SmartPoints per serving (blue plan), but you can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken to make them 5 points per serving. Your SmartPoints value can also change depending on what tortillas you use. I use the Mission Carb Balance ones.
You can make this recipe gluten free by using gluten free flour tortillas or even Siete grain free tortillas, but that will change the nutrition facts and points value.
You Might Also Like:
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Spiced Chicken Breasts with Mango Salsa
- Fish Taco Bowls with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce
- One Pan Chicken Fajita Skillet
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer.
Healthy Beef & Cheese Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 375'F
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add in the ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally Add in the chopped onion, minced garlic and green chiles. Stir and cook until beef is cooked through (about 5 more minutes) set mixture aside
- Add 3 tablespoons of the enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish Then add about 2-3 tablespoons of the meat mixture (divide evenly) and 1 Tbls of cheese to each tortilla and wrap them up – placing each one in the baking dish all in a row
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas and top with remaining cheeseBake for 30 minutes – until cheese is completely melted Serve with fresh pico de gallo on top and enjoy!